Would it be any easiler method to make a solid line to be a partly hidden line?

zmarcoz

Some of objects that I draw have partly hidden lines. Basically I can create two lines and then set one to be solid and the other one to be hidden. But may I know any faster way to do that?

Are you tracing an existing 3D Model perhaps?

If so, there are a number of options which will create a 2D representation of your 3D entity automatically,

including differentiating between visible and hidden lines.

If you are just creating a new 2D drawing from scratch, there are not too many ways to help with this.

I wouldn't bother switching between layers as I draw these lines (I assume that you are drawing your visible and hidden lines on different layers?).

In my case I would draw all of the lines on the STEEL layer (which has continuous linetype set, by layer), then I would select all of the ones which should be moved to STEEL HIDDEN

(with linetype HIDDEN defined, by layer) and change their LAYER in QUICK PROPERTIES or PROPERTIES.