Arch 2008 in Windows 7

WFTDesign

I have bought new notebook, I have upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and I have downloaded Windows XP Mode. Within Windows XP Mode virtual environment, I have installed ADT 2006, Arch 2007 and Arch 2008. Everything looks good. Only problem is... lagging, delaying and croppy mouse movement. For example, I normally would be able to insert door or window on a 3D wall with no problem within 5 seconds. Now, it takes me about 30-45 seconds a door or window because of croppy mouse pointers that did not follow my movement, always delaying.

Anyone of you have similar problem?

Yes, I did try that but no change. However, another tip came in from other forums regarding DYNMODE setting. DYNMODE was set to 2. Recommend was 0. That issue has been resolved! Only downside of setting is don't see dimensions or measurements but not that important. So this issue has been RESOLVED!!!

Next issue is... activation. I hope that AutoDesk will investigative and grant me code to activate the Arch 2008 in Virtual Windows XP Mode. If they give me the code, then I will be very glad and resume normal operations of my home based drafting business! I do not regret having to buy new Notebook with Windows 7 Professional, required for use of Virtual Windows XP Mode.

Next issue is... activation. I hope that AutoDesk will investigative and grant me code to activate the Arch 2008 in Virtual Windows XP Mode.

You will have to send your Serial number and a Request code, before AutoDesk can send an activation code. Do it on line. It is a very speedy service.

I just got my activation code for Arch 3.3 running in Virtual Windows XP.

• 2 years later...

Your Arch 3.3 is that the ADT group? Architectural Desktop 3.3 from 1999 and ran with AutoCAD R14? WoW - Takes me back.