Autocad dimensions

I am having abit of troubles in autocad here, I m trying to do an exercise going through the workbook about muultline. I realize my dimensions of multiline is 3, -3 but when i put metrics the lines are out of proportion on display units. Here is the case, the ml style is 3, -3 and its length is 6 (shown in the picture). IS there any way to fix it. Really appreciate for your help! Cheers

Untitled-1.jpg

Welcome to the forum. :)

Was the multiline style created on a template which is of the same units as this drawing?

My guess is it was not. Might your multiline units be feet and this drawing's units be set to inches?

Try creating your multiline with a length of 6', and see what happens.

Your tips is quite useful. In the multiline manager what i can change is to offset the line and there is no units. Is there any way i can change the units there? Cheers

Your tips is quite useful. In the multiline manager what i can change is to offset the line and there is no units. Is there any way i can change the units there? Cheers

Did you try drawing a new multiline using that same style, but when you enter the length at the commandline enter 6'?

Edited by Dadgad

I did create a new multiline with the same style but just to change the offset value, I did set the unit as inch and architectural. Even I type the inch as input the drawing is not what I expected to get from the exercise.

I did create a new multiline with the same style but just to change the offset value, I did set the unit as inch and architectural. Even I type the inch as input the drawing is not what I expected to get from the exercise.

It would be helpful if you could post the drawing, I'll be happy to take a look at it.

My previous suggestion was to draw a new multiline six feet long (') not inches. :)

Hey I just have another question for u. Do you besides drawing lines and use offset to get the positions of lines right for windows an doors and then do trim to get the cutout. Is there any way to save all these steps to jump straight to the position. I remember there is a command but i forget it now. For the previous problem I think I kinda figured it out now.... yeah but i realize it can be very frustrated to self learn autocad when noone can really be the pointers. But i m glad there's a nice community here.

Hey I just have another question for u. Do you besides drawing lines and use offset to get the positions of lines right for windows an doors and then do trim to get the cutout. Is there any way to save all these steps to jump straight to the position. I remember there is a command but i forget it now. For the previous problem I think I kinda figured it out now.... yeah but i realize it can be very frustrated to self learn autocad when noone can really be the pointers. But i m glad there's a nice community here.

I would suggest you try the PRESSPULL command for punching window and door openings through walls.

You can create walls as POLYSOLIDS, or from elevation views by PRESSPULLING the 2D representations to give them thickness.

It is probably a good idea to turn on your DYNAMIC UCS when you are drawing these openings on your faces.

Create a block of your door then you can use it whenever one is required instead of having to repeatedly drawing it over and over again.