Inventor 10 Content Center - No Content

profcad

We are having some major problems with Inventor 10 Professional. In our classroom, we create a ghost image of our computers. We upload the image to the server and then download the image to each of the computers. Once we download, the content center does not work. From what I have read, it has something to do with Microsoft SQL server. There is no content in content center.

I have uninstalled Inventor, reinstalled from the CD and it still does not work. The only computer that the content center works is the original computer that we used for the master ghost image.

We have a class Friday and I don

Hi,

We had the same problem, ghosting,I hate it.

I'm at home but will check IV 10 tmrw at school.

I'm scotland so GMT :?

Nick

• 4 years later...

Though insane amounts of researching, I have found a way to make this work. It's about 4 pages of documentation. Basically, before renaming the PC after ghosting you must go into the vault/content center and detach all the libraries starting at the bottom. Then rename the comptuer, join the domain and reattach all the libraries starting at the top. I just joined this site to try to find answers to other issues I'm having. If you want to email me I would be happy to send you the documentation that I have.

It is actually involving the ASP.net account set up by Inventor. That ends up being ghosted with the machine. Really you should have looked into a host server for the content and then you have had nothing to worry about.

Btw, with Inventor 2010 and 2011 this is no longer an issue at all because of the Desktop Content option.

Unfortunatly because of red tape and funding issues a server just can't be placed at this time.

Care to explain more about the ASP account and ghosting?

I had a utility that would fix this, but since the problem hasn't been in the newer versions in the last two years I have since misplaced it. It was a .bat file I got from ADSK.

The fact you don't have a server should not stop you. Do you have a computer in the lab that all the other computers can see. If so, that is all you need to set up a server. You only need like a $400 computer to run a ADMS Console with the libraries on it.

Also, any reason why you are using software that is six releases old?

I'm not...check the date on the post. May 23, 2006.

We never figured out how to correct the problem, but we know what was causing the problem. Our Web Site Development instructor would install some software and make changes to the IIS and that would mess up Inventor.

We haven't had the problems since we moved her to another classroom and another set of computers.