TurboCAD "save as" DXF for 6,000+ files

kellenhaskell

Hey all, really hoping there is a solution out there for my problem.

I work for a Millwork company and have taken over the CAD position within the last 6 months. The person before me was very....idk, ****ty.....in his practice and for whatever reason used a progam called TurboCAD. 95% of our files are saved with the default TurboCAD extension of .TCW.....I need all these files in a DXF Format in order for them to work for other people who only have AutoCAD. I cannot change the default "save type" in TurboCAD to DXF or that would make it alot easier. Right now I am stuck opening 50 files at a time then repeating a Alt+file+save as, selct dxf, save, close.....repeat, repeat, repeat...after about 100-200 files im already beyond sick of it.

Essentially I am looking for a way to dump 6,000+ TCW files and have them magically come out saved as a .DXF.....am I dreaming? please tell me no! :) thanks

I am sure there is a way to do it using a script but to be honest I have no idea how to write scripts :( i am kind of a noob at programming

TurboCAD Drawing Management

File Palette

"The File Palette makes file management simple. By viewing the contents of your network directories through a Windows® Explorer-like interface, you can simply open and manage your files directly from the TurboCAD desktop. You can also define a list of TCW files (from one location or across your network) and tell it to perform a batch process to all of the files at one time."

• Batch Open - Open a set of selected files in TurboCAD
  • Batch Convert - Convert a set of selected files to/from any supported TurboCAD format

Understandable. And thank you for the reply with Batch Open / Convert. I'm on my commute home and will check this out when I get home. Thank you for your help as always!

Would it also be worth looking for software that does this as I know its possible to get programs that covert between file types, the problem may come in finding one that will convert between these 2 specific types

I'm on my commute home and will check this out when I get home. Thank you for your help as always!

I just hope you're taking the bus,train or car pooling and not TEXTING and DRIVING.