Preview window not displaying

Aska723

Hi, Does anyone know what the command is to display the preview window when you go to open a drawing. In autocad 13 the pull down setting was removed and I cannot find the command to turn it on.

Many thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Aska723

• Dadgad

• neophoible

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FILEDIA = 1

Set it at the command line.

What do you mean the pull-down setting was removed? Do you want to restore the menu bar?

Hi ReMark,

FILEDIA = 1 will display the window instead typing it in the command bar.

What I have lost is when the FILEDIA is set to 1 it will thow the window snd will show the drawings in the folder but I have lost the initial view, as I remember there is a command setting to restore initial view, as in A13 it was removed from the toggle in view.

SelectFile2013.PNG

Not sure how anyone could miss it but the answer is staring you in the face.

Have another cup of coffee and do as I do...put your glasses on before reading the screen.:lol:

I know that I can type something on the command line and set it to 1 and it will display "Preview" but i have forgot the right command

Well great, Yes I can see "select initial view" and the box gowever it is greyed out and inactive, that is why I am looking for the right command.

Is it THUMBSAVE by any chance? Should be set to "1". What is yours?

I'll bet you could ask 10 users and maybe only 1 would even know this variable. How does one "inadvertently" disable it?

Unfortunately in one of the lisps that i was writing I had something to disable pulldowns and display my windows and it reseted A13. It happened earlier in the week and I have turned it back on again, but it happened late tonight again and i am brain drained already and I thought that some one might remember the right command. it will come to me tomorrow, now I need a rest.

Hi, Does anyone know what the command is to display the preview window when you go to open a drawing. In autocad 13 the pull down setting was removed and I cannot find the command to turn it on.

Many thanks

a

I use Mech 2013 and it is broken here as well. The check box does show but not in a place that can be selected.

initial view.jpg

I believe this is a reported bug with 2013 and seems to be profile related. SP 1 has been released for AutoCAD 2013 now, but no word on if this was fixed.