Model Space - Paper Space text problem!

Nutech12

Hi, ACAD 2010 text doesn't view the same in MSpace and PSpace!

• Model space is the acad default text: txt
  • Paper Space it appears as it should as Romans.
  • Printing: The drawings print as txt and not as it should Romans!

When I change the text in model space to Romans, save the drawing, enter PSpace and the return to MSpace, it seems to 'reset' back to text!

Any suggestions to what is happening. This is specific to my workstation BTW, when I open the dwg file on a colleagues PC it opens Romans in both Model and Paper space. Thanks

Unfortunately due to company policy I am unable to post screenshot(s), and defintely not a dwg. This applies to all dwgs that I open.

This was NOT the case yesterday, BTW.

Do you realize how foolish this company policy is?

It is costing your company money.

Create a file with one word of Text to demonstrate the problem behavior. One word. That's it, nothing else.

Go to your boss and explain the situation and get a waiver to post the file.

or

contact your VAR.

or

spend significant time (money) tracking down what others would offer you for free.

I am curious how you are setting your text style. Can you explain that?

I set it in my template and forget it, so I'm having trouble coming up with a way this is even possible.

Text Style.jpg

What company secrets could we possibly steal from a screenshot? Anyways, a screenshot doesn't do us any good. We need a DWG file or a portion of one to truly get at the root cause of the problem. Either you want the problem solved or you're just passing time. Which is it?

Paper Space it appears as it should as Romans.

I've read this several times now and I'm not sure what you are saying.

Is it staying on Romans in Paperspace no matter what you do?

My first thought is somehow AutoCAD can't find Romans on your machine, but if you are saying it is still there in Paperspace, just not in Modelspace.....

Romans - is seen in PSpace, no problem. The problem occurs only when in MSpace. Usually a text style that is setup, should be seen in both spaces. MS & PS.

All running Win 7. The same drawings that are opened are fine on 2 out of the 3 ppl wokring on this project. The 3rd person can open these dwgs just fine. So maybe it is a variable that isn't set or something!

Thanks for you help. Both computers had the ACAD repair run on them and this seems to have resolved the problem.

How do I mark this thread as closed?

Threads are never really closed unless they get out-of-hand then a mod will lock the thread. I saw a thread from 2003 reappear this morning.