autocad lt 2000i file icons Dessault Systems clone icons

Jennywren

I download Dessault Systems cad that was suppose to clone autocad lt 97 so I can use it on a windows 7 64 bit. Autocad lt 97 would not load. I have Autocad Lt 2000i installed. When I installed the DSS software it changed all of the file icons to DSS icons. Any reason this happen?

Probably because it now believes that whenever you open a DWG file you want to use DS not ACAD. If that isn't the case then change it.

Really....you'd rather use LT 2000i over DraftSight? Why?

Windows only allows one program to be associated with an extension: since you have two now, get in the habit of starting the program you want first, then open the file.Or get rid of one program: your choice.

New question. How do I get rid of the today screen in autocad lt 2000i? Tried one post on this but it didn't work? It does't correctly in windows 7.

I would really suggest using DraftSight instead of LT 2000i, especially with Windows 7. In my opinion it's time to forfeit LT 2000i since DraftSight offers a ton more advantageous functionality over LT for free. Or, upgrade to AutoCAD LT 2013 instead.

8)