Printing Problem

souvik

I am facing with a peculiar problem. I have a CAD Drawing in 2010 format. I printed the same drawing from two different types of printer. One from HP Officejet K7108 printer and another from HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer - E809a. But the scale of both drawings are not same. How is it possible! Please help me, and suggest me what I should do?

Small Margins are enabled in both cases. The scale is 1:1 (As the drawing is scaled in model and I am printing from Layout). Print resolution is 300 DPI, ISO A3 format in both cases.

Both should be calibrated in AutoCAD so then you would specify the plotters with the .pmp extension. Also see the other posts as it could one of many things.

Both should be calibrated in AutoCAD so then you would specify the plotters with the .pmp extension. Also see the other posts as it could one of many things.

can you please elaborate it as I am just puzzled with this problem.

You didn't say how much of a difference there is between your two plots. You probably should calibrate each plotter separately with the Autocad Plot Manager (I think that's what it's called in English; my version is German). You'll find it under the big red "A" in the printing menu. It leads you through some steps which allow you to calibrate and create a new plotter with extension .pc3 for both of your printers. Then when you want to print, you just select the plotter with the .pc3 extension instead of the original extension (don't remember the name of the standard plotter extension).

You didn't say how much of a difference there is between your two plots. You probably should calibrate each plotter separately with the Autocad Plot Manager (I think that's what it's called in English; my version is German). You'll find it under the big red "A" in the printing menu. It leads you through some steps which allow you to calibrate and create a new plotter with extension .pc3 for both of your printers. Then when you want to print, you just select the plotter with the .pc3 extension instead of the original extension (don't remember the name of the standard plotter extension).

The difference is 20 mm. in Map Scale and about 50 feet in Ground Distance.

It sounds more like your doing a "fit" plot to the plotter, I have checked numerous machines over the years and they are generally only maybe max 2mm in 840mm, check your hard clip settings in the plotter manual, usually around 15mm from edge of sheets so a A1 plot can never have a window at scale, of more than 810x564.

The only time we have had problems is with PDF's are you plotting a PDF ? we have had these come out way wrong because there not created at a true scale to start with.

It sounds more like your doing a "fit" plot to the plotter, I have checked numerous machines over the years and they are generally only maybe max 2mm in 840mm, check your hard clip settings in the plotter manual, usually around 15mm from edge of sheets so a A1 plot can never have a window at scale, of more than 810x564.

The only time we have had problems is with PDF's are you plotting a PDF ? we have had these come out way wrong because there not created at a true scale to start with.

No Sir, I am not making a "Fit to Scale" plot and also not printing to a pdf file. I'm printing direct to from the printer. My drawing also changing its scale with the version change of Autocad.