Placing Tapped Holes on a Curve Surface

Rewind23

Hi! Its always nice to be here as you always learn new things from fellow CAD Tutor members. I have to admit my knowledge is SW is really beginner, been using the program for 1 month.To begin with, my question is regarding how to create a tapped holes on a curve surface in SW.I can use the plane features but not on a curve surface.So I attached a photo to give you the quick idea of what im trying to do.

sw01.jpg

Any suggestions and points to consider regarding this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance! cheers! :)

sw03.jpg

In the position tap of the hole wizard you should see a button labeled 3d sketch. If you select this you can insert a hole on a curved surface. What version of SW are you running?

Two ways - you could create a plane tangent to the cylinder at the hole centerpoint location (this requires a 2D sketch line before creating the plane, which it appears you already have). Don't click on plane before starting Hole command. This gets you into a 2D based sketch hole.

or

Click on the cylinder at approximate location of hole before starting the Hole command - this will get you into a 3D sketch as noted above.

@bhamze, thanks! i will try it. btw, im using sw2010.will post once im done.cheers!

@JD, also thanks! will upload the model once done.cheers!

Hi! i was able to place the tapped hole to its exact location.Thanks to you guys! :D (JD&bhamze).Picture is uploaded. Btw, i have some off-topic question and I hope you can consider this question as I am in a middle of creating this 3d model.Please see the red mark in the picture, I wanted to create a slot and extrude-cut it through the curve surface, since this is not a tapped hole anymore, How can i draw a skecth on curve surface?When I select plane there is no option for curve planes?(I really dont have any idea if there is "curve planes in SW") :(

Please guide me.Thanks in Advance!

sw04.jpg