Getting a MAJOR rash from MEP 2013.

dumfatnhappy

ok, was going to post a screen shot but all it is is a preverbial 'Fatal Error' (F/E) which I can post later if need be. I was recently in a panic to get some renderings done before the deadline so I upgraded the home machine to a new 64bit 3.8 ghz i7 32G of RAM dual cooled vid cards, 2TB H/D etc (a monsta). Anyway about midnightish I crashed (F/E) and didn't think about it and went to bed. Next day I tried to start MEP and it F/E on start-up... tried it a few more times and same result. SO.... I tried repair...uninstalled/re-installed...etc .to no avail. it's a 2TB drive so... I uninstalled... reboot..drFRAG...re-install....etc etc.... and I'm getting the SAME THING everytime :x . It's writing to a physical address and F/E *everytime*! I'm thinking now to re-download and try a diff. drive? is there a way (program) to repair this new HD?? A way to force it to write to diff sectors? I'm at my wits end! using same zip file I used here @ office which had no probs. (I ended up downloading Arch. to finish my renderings and like all other Autodesk products its running fine) :?

I believe there is a way to do it (block physical address) but it has been so long (DOS days) that I've forgotten. Had to do it with some graphics card I was using.