Extend and Trim Commands not working Need help Urgent

ShadabKhan

I suspect it has something to do with the 3 duplicate objects and 9 overlapping objects I found in your drawing when I ran the OVERKILL command. I was able to trim lines in two corners and had to clean up then fillet another. Otherwise I had no problems with your drawing. I do however have a couple of questions though.

Are you a student?

Why is the counter height set at 15" above the floor? Are you selling to midgets or small children?

Why would you locate a counter directly behind the place where payments (cash, etc.) are excepted? You are just begging for someone to rob you.

BTW...I also ran the -PURGE command (using options Regapps and All) as well as the AUDIT command.

I have a suggestion too. Do not put most everything on layer 0 then start overriding the color. Make better use of layers and assign unique colors to each so recognizing different parts of the drawing is easier. For example, I would have a layer for the walls, one for display cases and furniture, and another layer for text. If you are going to be adding dimensions I would have a separate layer for that too.

Question: What is the "POP renderred gate" you call out in the drawing and why did you use so many very little polyline segments to indicate its location? I would have used the REVCLOUD command to highlight the area and adjust the arc radius to something larger. Have you taken an AutoCAD course?

Hint: Use the LEADER or MULTILEADER command rather than making an arrow using three separate line segments. Much more efficient method.

Hint: Set color 'By Layer' and not 'By Block'.

Hint: Set and use OSnaps.

Edited by ReMark

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• anuphdas

• Tiger

• ShadabKhan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you think I went overboard go read my response to the latest request for help re: Penn-Foster Oleson Village project.:shock:

On second thought don't bother. I struck all my commentary as it was just a means to vent. I'm better now that I have had my sixth cup of coffee.:lol:

Edited by ReMark