Naming CAD Generated block

CiCAD

Is there a way i can control the name of a block that is generated by autocad when using things like to section plane command or flatshot command?

How about using the block editor to save the block as another name, delete the block you don't want, insert the block with the correct name and then purge the unwanted block. Labor intensive, I know, but that is one way to do it.

the idea is to write a macro for the process and eventually a lisp to do multiple section lines along different Z dimensions. then to have it atumattically write over the old blocks.

Theoreticlly i have 3 section lines set up one at skirting height one for carcase height below one for upper carcase. after 3d has been updated one click and will update the three old block with sections from the new 3d

Give us an example of what you're trying to do with the blocks, or what you hope to gain by renaming them. Maybe there is another way of going about this where you wouldn't need a macro.

the idea is to write a macro for the process and eventually a lisp to do multiple section lines along different Z dimensions. then to have it atumattically write over the old blocks.

Theoreticlly i have 3 section lines set up one at skirting height one for carcase height below one for upper carcase. after 3d has been updated one click and will update the three old block with sections from the new 3d

Years ago back in the old day before we had styles and themes in Map3D we did something like that to change the blocks used in maps. We used lisp and ssget entlast to get the last entity added to the dwg database then step back to next ent checking each's type, block, line, etc. and swapping it out with another block. If you're good with lisp look at entlast, entnext functions.