Fatal Errors!!

jaredkendall

I have AutoCAD 2013 Mechanical, running on OS Windows 7 Professional. I installed autocad and had 3 to 5 fatal errors every day for the first two weeks. So I uninstalled and re-installed, most of the errors went away. Now I get only 1 or 2 a week. Today I've had 2 in the last 15 min:

(1)Fatal Error Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0008 Exception at fa6e0843h

(2)Fatal Error Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at fb3fc941h

If anyone can help me out with how to fix these problems or point me in the right direction so that I can find the answer I'd really appreciate it. Thank you

Have you checked the error messages against those at the AutoDesk website?

What were you doing when the errors occurred?

Do the errors happen when working with a particular drawing or any drawing at all?

Have you disabled the CommCenter?

I have sent all fatal errors forward to the AutoDesk website and the reply I get is that there is no immediate remedy to the current error message. Is there a list somewhere at the AutoDesk website that I can check them against?

What was I doing when the errors occurred? :I was just drawing blueprints, 2D, nothing fancy, some of the time I've noticed that the Fatal Errors occur when I'm using the VBA library... like using a welding symbol. Ok I went and tried to make the thing crash and it did. Got Fatal Error 0x0040 exception at d1dfc126h.

The errors happen just when ever on any drawing.

Disabled the CommCenter? Don't know what that is or how to disable.

You have sent AutoDesk a message about the error messages you are getting. Did you do this because you were presented with the option when the error occurred or because you are on Subscription?

What happens if you do not use this VBA library? Does AutoCAD still crash? Does it crash if you insert a block that was saved to the hard drive using the WBlock command?

The CommCenter or InfoCenter connects you to the AutoDesk website. It's that little satellite dish symbology in the top right-hand corner of your screen to the left of the circle with the question mark in it. It's used for product updates and announcements.

You said that you uninstalled then reinstalled the program at least once. Did you follow AutoDesk's recommended procedure for uninstalling the program?

Does you system meet the minimum hardware recommendations as put forth by AutoDesk?

Are you experiencing any problems with any other Windows programs?

Have you run a virus check lately?

Are you are on network?