Copy and paste solid object to excel

mikeklon

Hello,

I am attempting to copy and paste a part of a drawing from AutoCAD 2011 into ms, Excel or Word. I am able to copy within a vport so my whole screen is not copied. My problem is only 2D objects show up when I paste. I tried different visual styles and colors but still cant get my solid objects to appear. Is there an options setting I am missing? Please Help.

Mike

Just a static picture of the model. The handles you get with an image on a Microsoft program are sufficient to resize the image. No need to rotate.

You can use the "PublishToWeb JPG" plotter driver and then insert the image into Excel. I've used this before when including images in our CAD standards manual and it worked pretty good.

Here is a more detailed description of how to get an image file from AutoCAD:

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/creating-jpeg-and-png-files/

My two cents would go for WMF format since this allow better control over scale of the image. One addition, if decide to try this command don't forget about WMFBKGND system variable which prevent export of the background color.

Using WMFOUT, I was unable to get a realistic image. Only, 3D wireframe. When using JPGOUT, it provides me with a realistic visual style. Although, the image has poor resolution. Is it possible to output an image with the same quality resolution you get as when you exprort a PDF file? Or, Is there a way to edit the PDF export. Just the text on the PDF not the image.