TABLE - couple issues

Hello dear community, thank you for existence!

I am trying to make my first table and I ran into couple issues. I hope you can help me guys.

1. I set number of columns and rows and set their size according to my needs, but when I insert table, it is all screwed: it is very narrow and very long, it feels like the sizes/numbers/units were adjusted, but I checked all of them and they looked fine (at least to me) :)

In the picture it shows the settings on the "Insert table" command and the screwed table on the background.

2. I want to align them to the left/right, but the text "glues" to the border of the table, I was not able to find an option which helps to leave couple mm from border to text. Does anyone know how to do it?

3. I am trying to enter number - 19,6. CAD overwrites it as 19.0, 6.0, 0.0. I checked units: universal, millimeters, comas. Doesn't seems to have any effect :(

Thank you for the attention!

pic01.jpg

you have found one "feature" of AutoCAD - you can't use a comma as a decimal place when entering data. You will have to input the size as 19.6

as for the table, I always throw in the table as AutoCAD wants and then adjust my spacing using the properties palette. Not the right way I am sure but I find it far easier than trying to adjust the settings before hand. The one thing that puzzles me about your table though is why you need 400 lines in each data row. Reduse that to 1 and see what happens.

Thank you, oh, thank you!

400 WAS a weird thing. My eyes didn't pay attention that those are amount of lines, not mm, thus the confusion. It works just fine now :)

I am surprises about commas, but thank you for letting me know.

Do you happen to know anything about how to align text properly, so it doesn't sticks to the border but has couple mm of space?

Thank you very much and have a great day!

Welcome to the forum. :)

In your MODIFY TABLE STYLES dialogue you will find all of those settings.

There are separate settings for DATA, TITLE and HEADER cell styles.

Go through each of the tabs and define them, and save them, so that when you SAVE your TABLE STYLE it

is not such a pain in the butt the next time.

Name and Set the new TABLE STYLE which you have created as CURRENT.

In that way the next time you want to create a table it will default to it.

If you use a .dwt Template drawing, it is a good idea to include this TABLE STYLE there too.

modify table style.JPG

The image which you attached earlier is of the TABLE INSERT dialog.

You need to MODIFY the style.

On the STYLES toolbar you will find the TABLE STYLE icon.

You need to enter the information and save the cell styles before it is applied.

Table on the STYLES toolbar.JPG

Yes, that is correct.

You may want to just create a new style based from the Standard style, rather than changing the Standard one.

As you see you will be able to specify different Fonts, heights, margins, justifications, borders, masks, virtually everything you might want to customize,

but it is a bit tedious, so SAVE it and set it as CURRENT.

It is not something you want to have to do frequently, although you may wind up

with a few different styles saved, for different applications in your work. :)

Your table will be quite dynamic by the time you have it set up, with plenty of grips,

and it will be highly editable when you click into it.

Thank you for all your help.

I found it and it is very useful. I found out, I need to enter really big number for the margin - 50 worked for me, 10 didn't.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Happy to help, glad you are getting the hang of it.

I did have a great day, just about lights out in my timezone.

You have a nice day too, and long weekend if you are in the states. :)

Oh, that's right, you guys are going to have a long week-end!

I am in Europe, actually, and my day is almost over and I am very happy that I solved this issue with the tables, cuz I have been fighting with it for couple days - not very productive :)

Thanks a lot!

Once you have data entered into your newly designed table you can decide which if any of the cells, rows or columns should be LOCKED,

and how you want them locked. Another day for all of that. You can adjust lots of those options in your PROPERTIES, or your QUICK PROPERTIES (which i heartily endorse),

per dbroada's earlier post. :beer:

I'm in Indonesia, have a good night then.