Full Cad 2013 30 day trial, Tool tip video's won't go away.

Dana W

I just downloaded Full AutoCad 2013 trial version. I have found a very strange issue with the ribbon, on some tab items, not all. I have attached a screen shot of the 3D modeling workspace where this happens. The issue is not drawing dependent at all.

When I get a rollover tool tip to drop down from a tab button, sometimes there will be a "Video Loading" message. Then a supposedly informative short cartoon will pop up and play.

The problem I found is that some of the video images refuse to go away. In fact, they will pile up in a stack. They will stay on the screen taking up space and preventing the crosshairs to function where they reside. The cursor changes to the select arrow when over these images.

The one cartoon you can see in the attachment, on top of two others, is not the one related to the button I am hovering over. The related one popped up, played and went away like it was supposed to.

There is nothing I can do to turn these images off once they are on the screen while AutoCad is running. Not even closing AutoCad will get rid of them. They stay there on my desktop until i hit the escape key.

Not all of the little video cartoons behave this way.

Have any of you seen this before?

Weird Video images.doc

Dana, if you go onto the DISPLAY tab and unselect SHOW EXTENDED TOOLTIPS, those video won't play.

Or if you want them to display, you can set the DELAY time a little longer, so you won't hair-trigger them unless you

really want to. :beer:

Dana, if you go onto the DISPLAY tab and unselect SHOW EXTENDED TOOLTIPS, those video won't play.

Or if you want them to display, you can set the DELAY time a little longer, so you won't hair-trigger them unless you

really want to. :beer:

Well, yeah I could turn them off, but in this case it'd be like nailing up the door to the powder room cuz it got dirty. Normally I hate the extended tool tips and don't use them, but I only have 27 more days to figure out how this program works, so they are helping somewhat. This looks like something I might report to AutoDesk no matter how much I dislike talking to a wall. There apparently is a hole in their program code that is allowing continuous refreshing of the video window even after the thing has run.

I know, I'll check the task manager after I shut down AutoCad and see what if anything, is still running. Probably DirectX or Flash player is getting left on.

I was pretty much wondering mostly if anyone else has had this happen. I didn't see anything about it in Autodesk's known issues lists.

Film at 11.

What am I SUPPOSED to do when it gets dirty? :?

I understand that you'd rather have them to watch, I thought that perhaps increasing the delay time might help keep some of the others from autopiloting

their way into your flightpath.

I have never had that problem with them.

Perhaps you should just try REPAIR, as since I have never experienced such a problem I would guess it installed funny.

What am I SUPPOSED to do when it gets dirty? :?

I understand that you'd rather have them to watch, I thought that perhaps increasing the delay time might help keep some of the others from autopiloting

their way into your flightpath.

I have never had that problem with them.

Perhaps you should just try REPAIR, as since I have never experienced such a problem I would guess it installed funny.

Maybe it is the install, dunno, but it's not like AutoDesk has never had problems with their program coding. Just now, I went to see if they already had a SP1 for 2013 and found this message

Service Pack 1 for AutoCAD 2013 has been temporarily removed due to a newly

discovered fatal error.

The AutoCAD team is actively working on resolving this and a new service pack

will be posted here as soon as it is available.

I certainly didn't mean to suggest that your suspicions were unfounded, merely that if it were a programming error,

presumably anybody else using the software would have the same problem, and I don't. :beer:

I certainly didn't mean to suggest that your suspicions were unfounded, merely that if it were a programming error,

presumably anybody else using the software would have the same problem, and I don't. :beer:

No, of course not. I'm just sayin...

You are correct, of course. If it were a programming error you'd think it would have already been big news.

I just thought it was ironicly humorous that I found AutoDesk had boogered up SP1 for 2013 right after I publicly badmouthed their software.

And you were obviously right.

I downloaded the SP1 for 2013, before they realized it was all (yet another) knee jerk response to seemingly insurmountable problems (sloppy coding).

I had heard that there was later reported to be a problem with it, although I haven't experienced any fatal errors or other apocalyptic consequences, and still have it in place. :)

And you were obviously right.

I downloaded the SP1 for 2013, before they realized it was all (yet another) knee jerk response to seemingly insurmountable problems (sloppy coding).

I had heard that there was later reported to be a problem with it, although I haven't experienced any fatal errors or other apocalyptic consequences, and still have it in place. :)

I've heard it gives the operator a random pie in the face.:lol:

Windows repair didn't get any results for me. I may be having compatability issues with Windows Vista. After the Repair, I got that stupid message where it tells me the program "May" not have uninstalled properly, then asks me if it did. Like I would know.

On opening AutoCad, I have seen an error message box flit across my screen and then get covered up by the AutoCad 2013 spalsh screen before I can read it. I still have the downloaded install program. I am going to do a clean kill and rebirth today.

I've heard it gives the operator a random pie in the face.:lol:

Windows repair didn't get any results for me. I may be having compatability issues with Windows Vista. After the Repair, I got that stupid message where it tells me the program "May" not have uninstalled properly, then asks me if it did. Like I would know.

On opening AutoCad, I have seen an error message box flit across my screen and then get covered up by the AutoCad 2013 spalsh screen before I can read it. I still have the downloaded install program. I am going to do a clean kill and rebirth today.

Probably a good idea for everybody to get faced once in a blue moon. :D

There are specific instructions on the Autodesk site on how to uninstall their software. The one thing that really sticks with me is that you need

to delete any of the peripheral bits of the program before the main course.

I have it installed on Vista Home Premium, and it runs just fine. :beer:

Well, I did a full uninstall exactly according to AutoDesk instructions. Then I re-ran the original download.exe which apparently cleanly installed AutoCad 2013 again. It did not correct anything.

Then, I got a notice that SP1.1 for 2013 was available. I installed SP1.1. There still has not been anything corrected as far as the lingering video's are concerned.

There is an update install for the Adobe Flash player bundled in the AutoCad 2013 install. I think the problem may lie within that.