Hatching Transparency transition

Is it possible to have the hatching fade (become more transparent) so the hatched object is completely hatched up one end and then progressively transition to completely transparent at the other? if so, how?

Not sure that you can control the transparency in such way; a workaround will be to split the said hatch in parts and set progressive transparency on them.

Well it is really just a gradient as opposed to a hatch. You have come across that haven't you?

I think the suggestion in post #2 by MSasu might be your only option if you want to use a true hatch pattern.

One other option might be to create your graduated hatch pattern using a different program (Photoshop?) and save as an image. In AutoCAD use this image to "hatch" your object.

Edited by ReMark

Well it is really just a gradient as opposed to a hatch. You have come across that haven't you?

I think the suggestion in post #2 by MSasu might be your only option if you want to use a true hatch pattern.

One other option might be to create your graduated hatch pattern using a different program (Photoshop?) and save as an image. In AutoCAD use this image to "hatch" your object.

Created a fading hatch pattern using autoshapes in word then saved it as a Jpeg and used it to hatch... Worked a charm.. A lot of effort for a simple function...

Maybe you should offer it up as a suggested feature for the next release of AutoCAD. AUGI creates a "Wish List" every year that is submitted to AutoDesk.

I'm glad to see you found a solution despite the amount of effort needed to obtain the desired results. Thanks for updating us.

Would it be possible for you to post an image of your accomplishment? I think other forum members might be interested in seeing the end result. Thanks.