Block Insertion

Squirltech

I have been asked a question from a co-worker...

They are positive that they have been able to INSERT multiple blocks at one time but now when using the INSERT command, they can only select a single block for insertion. I tried recreating the issue and it does the same thing for me both using DESIGN CENTER and the INSERT command. Is there a setting somewhere that controls the number of blocks you can INSERT at one time or are they just delirious? :P

If it isn't possible to do in AutoCAD, then is there possibly a LISP routine out there that will achieve this? :unsure:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Using lisp you can insert and fill in attributes for as many blocks as you like. Are you asking to insert the same block in a pattern then ARRAY would help or are you inserting blk1 blk2 blk3 etc at same point ?

I don't know if it is still in AutoCAD but the MINSERT command would insert an array of blocks. I never found it useful as the array would be one object (I can't remember if it was explodable) so couldn't be manipulated.

Maybe your co-workers are thinking of the MULTIPLE command which will repeat the next command entered, like INSERT, until you press ESC or enter Cancel.