New to ACAD E, 2010 version. Trying to assign wire layer by component attribute?

bambbrose

Hey guys, just joined the forum.

I've got a system where we have software generating the tags of components.

I want the wires to "auto-size" based on an Amperage tag of the component it is attached to.

By auto-size, I mean change to the appropriate layer such as "BK-14AWG" etc, and then have the label update respectively.

Sample, in this case, we have a motor with a tag for amperage of 4.7

I would like to have a table that has wire gauges by amperage range for our product line.

I would like to assign a descriptive wire number, color, and gauge based on the amperage tag + table result.

Capture.jpg

Anyone done something similar, or have any clues on how this can be done?

I am fairly intuitive, just a kick down the right road will get my gears rolling.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by bambbrose

• 4 months later...

I got this a couple of years ago from Nate Holt's Blog controlling the machine. (unfortunately He's not there anymore)

Its a lisp and dcl file called "motwire". It sizes the wire and starter size and allows you to change the wire for the motor to the correct layer. You only need to have HP and Voltage filled out for the ratings and it will add FLA and starter size.

This should help start you in the right direction I think :)

motwire.zip