drawing doesn't appear in Modelspace

engamcmu

Hi

I have a drawing for which i am doing a vehicle swept path analysis on via autoturn in autocad 2012.

I have been sent the drawing, however when i open it the drawing only appears in paperspace and modelspace is blank........

can anyone please help?

Thanks

Hi

I have a drawing for which i am doing a vehicle swept path analysis on via autoturn in autocad 2012.

It sounds like this is a distractor in your problem statement - this is where you want to go, but nothing to do with your current problem. Correct?

I have been sent the drawing, however when i open it the drawing only appears in paperspace and modelspace is blank........

You need to get the geometry into modelspace before continuing. This is your real problem statement, correct?

What is the source of the file? Inventor? Some program other than AutoCAD. Can you attach the file here?

Often when this happens the model is in MS but there are objects inadvertently placed a long way from the rest of the model. When you toggle over to Model nothing appears to be there. On a copy of the drawing, working from a layout, work through a viewport, use Erase, All, before hitting enter use the Remove option and with a crossing window, window everything you see in the viewport, finally hit enter.

Now go to MS and try Zoom, Extents.

HTH