Spring Creation in SOlidworks

Rewind23

Hi. I just wanna ask how to create this type of spring. The spring needs to be in very close revolutions and with some bend on the tip of it(i know the bend can be done thru "Fillet").Now the problem is when i try to create one, SW explain some errors something like "the geometry is passing too close" though i already adjusted the sweep profile.What options to consider in creating this like Pitch & Revolutions or should I use the Height & Revolutions? I attached an edited image of what Im trying to achieve.Please see the picture below.Any response and tips is highly appreciated.Thanks!

note: The red mark indicates the bend.

disclaimer: I do not own any copyright of the image(I found it on the internet)

spring.jpg

Edited by Rewind23

I would start from a helix, the pitch must be equal or a bit larger as the wire diameter. Draw the two ends (lines) and also the curved part (don't bother with the bend). Create a Composite curve to "unify" the 3 curves and sweep a circle along that path.

arc.png

Here is an image. I drew the helix first. After that I created two planes tangent to the cylinder defined by the helix. Those planes are support for the sketches of the coil's endings.

As I wrote earlier, I used the "composite curve" tool to bind together the helix and the two sketches. Finaly I used that curve as sweept path and I got what you can see in the image.

Attach the sldprt file of what you have attempted so far.

You might go through this (older) tutorial.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/SolidWorks%20Tutorials/SolidWorks%20Tutorial%207.pdf

Not quite the same as your problem (your problem looks easier) but if you can tie a knot.....

The tutorial demonstrates how to use the Composite Curve mentioned by fuccaro - I assume you know how to do the helical portion.

@fuccaro-thanks for the response..I'll give it a shot.. :)

@jd-yup i can do the helical portion, i just need some guide about the close revolution of the helix.thanks again!