Autocad 2013 Begginer problems

fredericofrg

CADGUY: Not sure why you thought this was a good place to ask your question but we'll certainly consider it just the same. In the future you might want to open a new thread to post a question that is unrelated to the topic at hand. Just a friendly suggestion; no offense intended. Thanks.

Re: AutoCAD 2013 Command line.

http://www.ccadinc.com/autocad-tutorials-2013-commandline.html

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• fredericofrg

• JD Mather

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

frederico:

You did not answer my question about the new set of assignments. You said they were on pages 87-89 but it did not include the quilt. Does this mean you have to drawn ALL the other exercises? It appears that would be eleven different drawings if I counted correctly. And the assignment was due today (Monday, Sept. 17th)?

Exercise 1.3 Site Boundary.jpg

Exercise 1.3 Site Boundary

As you see I provided the missing distance and angle.

I don't do this type of drawing much any more and my "old school" method (which still evidently works) might not be the best one to use. And, since I'm not much of a Polar Tracking or Object Snap Tracking kind of user I would be hesitant to explain the use of either command. So, this is where I call upon another forum member to graciously step in and explain the nuances of drawing a line at an angle relative to another line in such a manner that frederico can fully understand it. Be advised that his English language skills may be somewhat limited.

One other option might be to copy and place the original line in place then use the Grip Edit method. I first read of this technique as demonstrated by forum member nestly at the AutoDesk Discussion Groups.

Exercise 2.8 Geometry.jpg

Exercise 2.8 Gasket

Fairly simple. Mostly made use of the MIRROR command to save redrawing duplicate geometry. Since no dimensions we given in the diagram I assumed each square of the grid (in the diagram) to be equal to 1 unit. I turned off the grid in my drawing when I made this image so the geometry could be seen better.

thanks for your help ReMark but i decide don't do more this class,is so much homework and my focus now is my English class to do the TOEFL test and after pass move to Orlando, or Miami and study in Miami International Art&Design or Full Sail but for this i need do the TOEFL test.

But i have the book now and i want study in the book and learn all in the book,you is best professor,thanks for your time here to help me, you is a good person is not all the persons help others so much,i think the most people is mercenary you isnt.Thanks again and after i pass in toefl test i can come back and do more exercises this exercises you post and learn more.

I dont go do more the class but i still have a book with 647 pages.

I fully understand what you are going through frederico and I think you may have made the best decision given the circumstances. I wish you success in your English class and I hope you continue with your education further be it at Miami International Art & Design or at Full Sail.

Your comments are very much appreciated as I have a "reputation" as being too hard on people. I'm sorry we could not finish what we started. I do urge you to continue to practice although I have a feeling AutoCAD will not play a big role in your future studies or career.

Please come back and update us from time to time on what you are doing. I look forward to hearing from you. Until then, take care of yourself and give everything you do in life your best effort. Never accept "mediocrity" as the norm. Chaio my friend.

Regards....

ReMark

Thanks ReMark,yeah now english is more important because i just stop because is so much homework in Technical Graphics got so much time and i don't has time to english homework,now i have.

Yes i want visit this forum so much to help in other areas Web Design and i don't know what more ares but i can look later ^^ and When i have time i want try the others exercises you explained and try to do all the chapters in the Tutorial Guide to AutoCAD 2013 is a big book,I want recommend to for this forum some kind of plugin for give a positive vote for the helpful answers i think this encourages the people to keep help others and ...

Thanks again for your considerable help and your time to help me,you expand so much time with me here and i appreciated this! I'm equal but never help in English forums just Portuguese forums but now i find this forum and i want help with what i know.Is this now let me going because i need finish my English Homework.I need find what is the homework for today because i got lost with this stress with the Technical graphics Class and so much homework.

See you any day and i hope you keep help other people and i recommend for you maybe can you don't stay in the computer all the time ^^ you know you need live the life go to walk for 1 hour is good or go ride a bike is good for distract and good for health.

Exercise 2.9 Shape.jpg

Exercise 2.9 Shape

Ah what the heck. Here's another one. Make the MIRROR command your friend and this one will be a piece of cake. Once again I assumed that each square of the grid in the book's diagram was equal to 1 unit.

:lol: :lol: Maybe ^^ haha.

No i don't need example but thanks.

Just good know,Oh man can i ask one thing?

AutoCAD is more for what?

Example i want create one Bike and One Robot is good for this?

Your is Better 3dsmax and Zbrush? or maya,Cinema 4D...

I prefer ZBrush is very good software i'm start right now to learn this Zbrush program, and 3dsmax i have 90 DVDS Course I bought in Brazil is very good but i dont have time yet to study the dvds.

Can you recommend the best Graphic Card to use in my computer?

I think buy one computer in this website:http://www.digitalstormonline.com/

This Settings:

Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS Aventum

Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish

Trim Accents: - Not Available

Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X 3.3GHz (Six-Core) (Extreme Performance)

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)

System Memory: 64GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)

Power Supply: 1200W Corsair Pro Gold Series (CMPSU-1200AX) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)

Expansion Bay: - No Thanks

Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 2x (240GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 520 Series)

Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks

Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (Model: Black Edition)

Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks

Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Slim Slot Loading Edition)

Optical Drive 2: - Not Available

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Video Card: 3x SLI Triple (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB (Includes PhysX)

Add-on Card: USB 3.0 4-Port PCI Express Card

Sound Card: Creative Labs Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion 5.1 (Includes Front I/O) (PCI-Express Slot Based)

Extreme Cooling: Digital Storm Aventum Cryo-TEC System for CPU and Liquid Cooling for Video Cards + Chipset

H20 Tube Color:Red Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive)

Chassis Airflow: Digital Storm Aventum Automatic Response to Excess-Heat System (ARES)

Internal Lighting: Digital Storm Aventum RGB LED Lighting System

Enhancements: Digital Storm Aventum Integrated Side Panel Display Module

Chassis Mods: HailStorm & 950Si: Processor & Video Card Area: Drill and Mount Two Side Window 120mm Fan Blow-Holes

Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material)

LaserMark: - No Thanks

Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro/Deluxe/Sabertooth Motherboard)

Boost Video Card: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability

Boost Memory: Memory Fan Kit Only (Does not include memory overclocking service)

Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system

Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)

Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)

Virus Protection: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security

Office: - No Thanks

Game: - No Thanks

Display: NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Kit (Asus 27 inch 120Hz VG278H + NVIDIA 3D V2 Glasses)

Surge Shield: - No Thanks

Speakers: Corsair High-power 2.1 System (Includes Subwoofer) (CA-SP211NA)

Keyboard: - No Thanks

Mouse: - No Thanks

External Storage: - No Thanks

Exclusive T-Shirt: Exclusive Premium Digital Storm T-Shirt - Black (Extra Large)

Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed

Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty

Thanks ReMark.

People do all sorts of amazing drawings using plain AutoCAD but for a bike or a robot I'd say you are better off with Inventor or Solidworks. You know that students can download free programs, like Inventor, from the AutoDesk website plus a whole lot more?

That system looks very good. I like the SSD for the main drive and the 64GB of RAM is totally awesome. Do I read that correctly three video cards? Win7 Pro 64-bit (good).

AutoCAD is more for what?

Legacy 2D. Most students are (or should be) learning one of the next-generation tools.

Example i want create one Bike and One Robot is good for this?

Your is Better 3dsmax and Zbrush? or maya,Cinema 4D...

More information is needed - do you want to make pretty pictures or do you want to make manufacturable engineering data. These programs are more for pretty pictures. For industrial design look into Autodesk Alias. For engineering design look in to Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo or SolidEdge.

Students can get the Autodesk products for free here http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

• 1 month later...

Didn't wanted to create a new thread so i'll ask here. I have a problem with onsnaps - sometimes, i don't know why, it's not accurate. Here's example:

If i draw line first, then draw circle from the beginning of the line to it's end, if i zoom enough i get this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/jsm447.png

(circle is drawn a little bit off than it's snap point)

But if i draw circle first, then if i draw a line from middle of the circle to it's end, everything is accurate, no matter how much i zoomed. It's just one example that i've noticed, maybe there is more. Precision is set to highest, tried onsnaping with shift right click and no luck, so what could be wrong here?

• 2 months later...

I have this book 2013 autocad 3D secondl level, by shih,

I can follow along but when I get to the lesson I can't make the jump to apply to the lesson

I did a floor plan in the tutorial now they want me to draw a baseplate

I am doing the 1. baseplate

I can draw it flat fine,

when I use the thickness .5 in properties,

I only get a line up in Z direction,

How do make it a solid and the circles fill in too,

I made the boss part but it is solid too,

I must be leaving something out, but what.

:x

Do not use the THICKNESS command.

Draw your baseplate in 2D using lines or polylines then use the PRESSPULL command to give it height. Precision is gained by typing in the desired height at the command line.

Might I suggest that in the future you start a new thread rather than tack your question onto a previous thread. It will be seen by more people and generate more responses.

Edited by ReMark

Baseplate1.jpg

An example of a baseplate modeled as a 3D solid using the PressPull command. The plate is 12x14, it is 0.5" thick and the four holes are 0.75" in diameter. This took less than 30 seconds to do. The visual style is Conceptual while the view is SE Isometric.

Any questions?