Trying to install Autocad on my new computer

davidgeorge212

Hi, I have autocad 2008 and it is a 32 bit program. I am trying to install it on my new computer which has windows 7 and it is a 64 bit system. I read that I can convert the program using Long Bow Software which I bought and attempted to convert it. I think the converter worked and my autocad program was ready to install, but, I ran into a problem while it was installing. It gets to a point where it tells me a long file name and it wants me to verify if I have the file and that I can access it. My options are to retry or cancle the installation. I cant figure out how to get the installation past this step. I have always had to push cancel which terminates the installation. I believe I have that file and that there is nothing wrong with it. Is there anyone out there that might be able to help me out here? I will try to post the exact file name.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Having never used LONGBOW before, just throwing this out there.

Are you meant to be running this in XP MODE perhaps?

Have you checked with the customer service at LONGBOW?

There is a Tips and Tricks section at the website for Longbow. Did you read it?

When you get to the point you are asked to the verify the file what exactly are you being asked for? Be specific.

ok, here is the message I got. Rather than try to type it, I will just post a picture.DSC_0525.jpg

I think the longbow software worked ok, maybe im wrong. I am running the program from the conversion that long bow did. The program starts to install and gets about 3/4's of the way complete until this message pops up.

I wonder is there any settings I should be changing to allow the older 2008 32bit version of autocad to run on my newer computer which is window 7 and 64bit. I thought the longbow software was supposed to convert everything over so it would all be compatible and run.