Letters don't show up in Print Preview

CeKing2012

i was getting ready to print out a drawing, and i added my name, date, etc. on a title block i created... then when i went to print preview the text doesnt show up..

ive deleted the layer and created a new one, but the problem continues... then i moved the text to the 0 layer and it showed in the print preview, BUT my professor wants the text in a layer named TEXT, and not the 0 layer.. sooo what am i doing wrong?

Make sure when you're creating a new layer, it's not be created from a layer with non-plot enabled. New layers inherit properties of the layer selected, such as Color or Plot/Non-Plot. To me it's just a Layer control issue. Try that and see if it fixes your issue. Also make sure the layer doesn't have "New VP Freeze" if you're using Viewports.

It could be something else so reply back if that doesn't work and we'll try and narrow it down for you.

Make sure when you're creating a new layer, it's not be created from a layer with non-plot enabled. New layers inherit properties of the layer selected, such as Color or Plot/Non-Plot. To me it's just a Layer control issue. Try that and see if it fixes your issue. Also make sure the layer doesn't have "New VP Freeze" if you're using Viewports.

It could be something else so reply back if that doesn't work and we'll try and narrow it down for you.

it wasnt on VP freeze and not sure what the non-plot enabled is.. but right now i scrolled to the side on the layers properties manager and i noticed the TEXT layer had a picture of a printer crossed out.. i clicked on it and it solved the problem! :shock:

Is the layer TEXT set to non-printing?

Attach the file here (only need the text).

i think thats what it was.

thanks! :D