Ortho Plot Lines Slightly Jagged

gsksun4

I use AutoCad 2009LT and plot to an HP T790 plotter. I've noticed a very slight jog in some, not all the horizontal lines. Lines were drawn with ortho on. None of the vertical lines show this.

When I plot, I rotate the plot 90 degrees to get a 22" x 34" plot on 24" paper.

I tried plotting the same, then completely different drawings in another version of AutoCad and still get these very slight imperfections. Zooming in real close shows a perfectly straight line.

I also changed the roll of paper thinking that might be the problem.

The plotter is about a year old. Do I need to make a service call?

Edited by gsksun4

Instead of "zooming in really close" you should use properties to check that the lines are truly at 90 or 0 degrees. Change the units to decimal and adjust the angle to Decimal Degrees with the highest precision. Now use properties or the List command to check the angle.

rkent,

Changed the units to decimal, 4 digits to right of decimal and did a list on the line: Angle in XY Plane = 0.00. Angle in properties shows: 0.00

LINE Layer: PT-17$0$WALL-TENANT

Space: Model space

Handle = 3A058

from point, X=1125.1260 Y= 943.6200 Z= 0.0000

to point, X=1295.1260 Y= 943.6200 Z= 0.0000

Length = 170.0000, Angle in XY Plane = 0.00

Delta X = 170.0000, Delta Y = 0.0000, Delta Z = 0.0000

Are you running in "FAST MODE"? If so, that is your problem. This model, the HP T790, just plain down flat sucks at it. It is not all that good at holding the paper flat on the rollers either. If you want real fun, try and load a single cut "D" sized sheet into it.

Are you running in "FAST MODE"? If so, that is your problem. This model, the HP T790, just plain down flat sucks at it. It is not all that good at holding the paper flat on the rollers either. If you want real fun, try and load a single cut "D" sized sheet into it.

Thanks Dana, I just changed the HP ePrint Center preferences quality to best and got the same results. Guess it's just a cheap plotter.

Appreciate the help,

Glenn

ReMark,

It's not like you to not come up with a solution. Does this have anything to do with that hacked e-mail problem I had several months ago? I had no idea about that till people in my contacts informed me. If so, I apologize and I did try to let you know, but maybe it was too late. I deleted most of my contacts, including yours and changed my password as was advised by my e-mail provider when I reported the problem.

Again, sorry if that's what this is about. You've been very helpful in the past and I've always appreciated that.

Or, maybe yer just screwin' with me. Either way, have a nice day.:P

TEST DWG.jpg

Post a portion of the drawing so we can have a look.

Having trouble uploading the file. Thought I had the instructions. Looks like I just inserted the image.

The original file is too big to upload, so I threw this together fast. These few lines also plot the same way, so it's the plotter.

Can't find the Manage attachments button.

Sorry.

TEST.dwg

Post a portion of the drawing so we can have a look.

OK, it's been a while since I've done this. Guess that's it. It's seems to be there twice. Can't undo, so maybe that will help.

They're closing up here, so I'll check in tomorrow.

Thanks

[ATTACH]37115[/ATTACH][ATTACH]37115[/ATTACH]

OK, it's been a while since I've done this. Guess that's it. It's seems to be there twice. Can't undo, so maybe that will help.

They're closing up here, so I'll check in tomorrow.

Thanks

I just plotted the dwg to a 36" pdf file at 4:1. (attached) In the pdf, the lines are arrow straight, no pixelation anywhere, no deviations. If they were off the ortho line, they would pixilate on the screen view of the pdf as well. I still say it is the printer. Maybe it's a head alignment problem.

TEST-Layout1.pdf

I just plotted the dwg to a 36" pdf file at 4:1. (attached) In the pdf, the lines are arrow straight, no pixelation anywhere, no deviations. If they were off the ortho line, they would pixilate on the screen view of the pdf as well. I still say it is the printer. Maybe it's a head alignment problem.

Dana, I reset print preferences/speed, etc. All the settings were for quick plotting as I also print out a ton of PDF's most days for bids and it's a time issue. Slowed things down and it plots fine. I'll just plot the finals slower, then speed it up for the rest.

Thanks for your help as always.

Glenn