AutoCAD Electrical - Update Title Block Customise Menu

AQucsaiJr

First I have no idea where the best place to post this question so if this needs to be moved please do so...

Here is my issue,

I want to edit the per-drawing section of the "Update Title Block" menu and it seems like AutoDesk has not given this option. So does anyone know where I go to edit this menu or if its even possible AT ALL?

I very much dislike that AutoDesk made it so easy to edit the project wide description lines and left almost no way to customize the per-drawing section in the same way. One would think if you making a product to fill the need of many industries you would add a way to customize it from vanilla??

Update Title Block Menu.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Edited by AQucsaiJr
Add Attachment - Menu Screen Cap!

Well ideally I would like to re-write the section to better fit our needs.

In its current form the descriptions do not fallow the standards that are being used in the borders. I would like to re-name the descriptions to make this section more manageable to the user trying to fill in the data.

I have been told that I should just change the title block to match the menu, but I don't see why I should need to do it the AutoDesk way if our way is more efficient and easier for the user to understand. So that has lead me to trying to figure out a way to customize this menu. I don't want to change the functionality I just need to be able to change the descriptions and layout.

Is the title a block with attributes if so you can do whatever you like and create you own update title interface or is it a proxy object, we have about 4 ways of doing stuff to title block, simplest is "Issued for construction" on every layout tab.

Dont use Elec so no idea.

Post a dwg

ReMark, Dadgad...

I think you guys may be right, and I will not give up because I really need AutoDesk's opinion on how my title blocks should be developed.

BIGAL,

In my worse case scenario I will right a function to perform this task however I would rather utilize Electrical as it has many other features that I can benefit from if I can get this to work. Also my company spend extra to get this specific version of AutCAD so I would like to use it whenever I can.

Thanks for the help guys, I will continue to probe around the web for ideas and will look into the CUI as well.