Import coordinates from a text file txt (sdr csv) in AutoCAD

BearDyugin

Hi bengee54 i think you dont realy need to create a macro to use de program or load it, just click in the Geo_Import_v2_7.VLX file and the drag it into Autocad, then type in the command line: GEO_IMPORT and the form will open ....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BearDyugin

• cadplayer

• NEXTMARCUS

• khoshravan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can also create a macro by following the steps below:

1°: type in the command line _.QUICKCUI (or click with the right mouse buton anywhere in any toolbar and then click in customize)

2°: click in the icon "Create a new Command

3°: in the field macro type :

^C^C^P (if (not C:Geo_import) (load "Geo_Import_v2_7")); ^ PGeo_import;

or just type Geo_import

this will just call the program considering that the program has been loaded previously.

I hope this help

Edited by NEXTMARCUS

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this program, but the Geo_Export utility does not always pick up the point number that is imported with Geo_Import. Since the Geo_Export utility uses nearest the nearest text as assigned point number, I get the elevation rather than the point number.

• 1 year later...

I just want to express my gratitude to GeoBuilder for his work. Thank you, your effort is well appreciated :)

• 3 months later...

i have done the steps correct i think. I created a macro and a new icon and put it to civil 3d standard toolbar. But when i press it it comes with the message "unknown command "PGEO_IMPORT"

You wrote wrong macro, extra spaces before "P", "P" so bind to the command name must be just geo_import but you've got PGEO_IMPORT

• 4 months later...

Hey! Geobuilder, thanks for your share.

It's old topic but i just came here through google ;)

It's useful for me. But how can i set my own command to run your macro? like "getcoords" "importcoords".

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Dear Geobuilder,

could you add to your vlx a 2D import? I need to import point with z (altitude) in a layer, but altitude (z) 0 in point coordinates.

Thanks a lot.

Dear Geobuilder,

could you add to your vlx a 2D import? I need to import point with z (altitude) in a layer, but altitude (z) 0 in point coordinates.

Thanks a lot.

Hey, I did not understand what you wanted to say?

Attach an example.

The new version of the application here https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=2552516715971851208&appLang=en&os=Win32_64

Hey, I did not understand what you wanted to say?

Attach an example.[/url]

First image what have to be.

Second image is what is actually

Thank you.

Is.jpg

Have to be.jpg

Then there are 2 options:

- Enter into the field altitude, 0.00 then all the points will be the Z coordinate of 0.00, but the signature marks of these points are all 0.00

- After the import, select all the points, and in the properties, set them to coordinate Z 0.00

• 1 year later...
a3fb0e22fff4.jpg

1. File. You can load a file with the extension txt, sdr and csv
  2. Delimiter. Choosing which is the delimiter data available at expansion halyard txt.
  3. Row selection. If you tick the checkbox, you will be able to choose lines from the downloaded file, remove the check mark if you will download all the data from the file. Unfortunately when manually selecting the lines there is a limit, you can choose any number, but did not download more than 256 lines.
  4. Format. Ability to change data formats, with X being the direction of the North.
  5. The main object. Select the object to be built (drafted) to the coordinates of the file, select an object block, will be invited to choose a name from the list of existing blocks in the drawing.
  6. Secondary objects. May sign numbers, marks and description of each point, if the primary object is selected block, and it contains the attributes, the value can be stored in attributes. In addition to the data taken from the file, you can set new ones:

1. Number. format input *#*, where * - prefix \ suffix can be omitted # - integer.
    2. Altitude. input format - a real number, if you enter with a sign or -, it will be added or taken away, respectively, from the Altitude of the file.
    3. Description. free format input.
    4. [*]Layer. For each object, you can select a layer from the list below in the drawing or create a new one.

[*]Color. For each object, you can select a color.

[*]The height of the text. Set the height of the text

• Most of the settings of the program will be saved between sessions of AutoCAD.
  • All constructions are in the origin of the current coordinate system.
  • As decimal separator can serve as a point and a comma.

Video:

Macro to the button: ^C^C^P (if (not C:Geo_import) (load "Geo_Import_v2_7")); ^ PGeo_import;

Contact the program: Export the coordinates of objects from AutoCAD

Dear, Geo

Thanks for sharing your program.

However, an unprocessable field is file unicode format. (csv utf-8; txt unicode encoding)

Thanks.