Layer Filter doesn't linger

Hai all,

I have a problem. Well, it's mostly an annoyance. And I have learnt to live with it, and doubt that there is a way to solve it, but you guys have amazed me before so I thought what the frack, I'll give it a go.

Scenario:

I have files with oodles and oodles of layers, mostly from various x-refs. I Purge as many layers from x-refs as I can but we all know how fond some *cough*engineers*cough* are of layers. When I use the Layer Manager, I first click on the X-ref-category and then tick the Invert-box at the bottom. This nifty trick means that I only see the layers that I have created in my drawing.

The problem comes when I open the drawing the next time.

The X-ref-category is still in effect but the Invert-box is unticked. This means that I see all layers that I didn't create that are in the drawing. This is all fine and dandy if I am in the Layer Manager. But I also use the drop-down-layer-list on the Ribbon to quickly change layer on obejcts. And that drop-down-list is affected by the sorting in the Layer Manager. So I can't move my objects to the layer I want, because all I see in the drop-down-list are the x-ref layers.

As I said, this is more of a peeve than anything, and it's not a big deal to open the layer manager, click All Layers and then go on with my life. But it's just one more sigh each time I open a drawing.

Why can't the Invert-box stay ticked?

Or why can't the selection revert back to All and not stay on x-ref-layers?

Dialog Settings, per my edit to last post?

You are a champ :)

It doesn't solve the issue (the tickbox still gets un-ticked) but if I the Layer Filter doesn't affect the drop-down-list the problem is not there!

:beer:

May be I have not understood but - if you don't want see the xrefed layers - why don't you create a new layer filter looking like that ~*|* with name "without x-refs" for instance. With checked filter - it retains at the next opening. You can type | sigh with holding ALT+0124

Edited by sevdo2000