New layout from and old layout

Biodiesel

Currently i am trying to get an Excel sheet incorporated into my AutoCAD layout. I get it in and it seems way to small. I re-scale the excel insert and get it right then update the sheet to get the new info and it shrinks back down. Now i thought at first it was the excel insert that was the problem, but now looking my layout seems to be extremely large and that's why the excel sheet is off. How can i take my existing layout and change it to fit 11x17. I really don't want to have to redraw the whole layout to make it fit 11x17.

I didn't actually make the original layout. It was created before i started working here and i have no clue how it was done before. It was saved as a template and i have continued using it as is. Things that were done before me seem to be a bit odd, how files were saved and setup i have changed all i could to make things correct but this is one issue i don't know what to do.

What size paper was this particular layout supposed to print to?

If you change the size of the paper then you will most likely have to edit the size of the border so it fits within the printable area.

The size im not sure of. I know right now it measures 187" x 119" but i print to tabloid / 11x17 pdf and then actually print to any page size i need, but im thinking because they layout is so large is the reason the excel sheet ends up being so small. So i want to take my current layout and make it sized to 11 x17 so when i import the excel sheet it fits correctly.

How do i do that i can't find any settings to scale it up, and after its inserted if i scale everything up then when i update the sheet it shrinks back down.

Yes, that's how i scale it to fit but if i change any info on the excel sheet i have to go into AutoCAD and hit update sheet and when i do it scales it back down.

I have used the Data Link feature several times and I have never had a spreadsheet resize itself up or down. I'd have to test it. How big is this spreadsheet?