problem with z axie

ayman_48

- Command FLATTEN could work.

- if everything is on the same Z-level, then you can use MOVE and just move in Z-direction

- you can hightlight everything, then look at the Properties pane and change the Elevation per object-group.

i use this lisp and already make all the drawing z=0 but some element moved in x,y

FLATTEN.LSP as originally written by Mark Middlebrook with improvements by Vladmir Livshiz.

FLATTEN.LSP sets the Z-coordinates of these types of objects to 0

;;; in the World Coordinate System:

;;; "3DFACE" "ARC" "ATTDEF" "CIRCLE" "DIMENSION"

;;; "ELLIPSE" "HATCH" "INSERT" "LINE" "LWPOLYLINE"

;;; "MTEXT" "POINT" "POLYLINE" "SOLID" "TEXT"

Link: http://www.spaug.org/Public_Files/AutoLISP/Flatten.Lsp

- Command FLATTEN could work.

- if everything is on the same Z-level, then you can use MOVE and just move in Z-direction

- you can hightlight everything, then look at the Properties pane and change the Elevation per object-group.

the second solution is good by choosing end z=0 but i think it's working in line only

If you first select everything on your screen,

then you can select all of the LINES from the dropdown entity filter on the QUICK PROPERTIES palette

like in this image. If you have some lines which are not flat, you will see VARIES in one or more of the

Z VALUE boxes. Reset the START Z value to 0, then reset the END Z value to 0.

Having done that you will see that the DELTA (difference) Z value will now be 0, meaning that all of the LINES

in your drawing are FLAT and at 0 on the Z axis.

Now you can use the CHANGE command .....

follow the commandline which I have copied below....

Command: cg

CHANGE

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 3653 found

Select objects:

Specify change point or [Properties]: p

Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/Annotative]: e

Specify new elevation : 0

Then hit ENTER two times after entering the new elevation as 0.

This won't zero out Multilines, but will do just about all other 2D entity types.

fix z values in QP palette.JPG

The command FLATTEN flattens all your objects in the view you are looking at it. So if you have tilted or turned the drawing before you run FLATTEN, you will get objects to move in X-Y as well. Beside that, depending on the objects, I have also had objects move seemingly random when useing FLATTEN - which is why I prefer either MOVE or via the Properties palette. It takes more time, but I have more control over what I do.

the second solution is good by choosing end z=0 but i think it's working in line only

I think you mean the third solution - the Properties pane? It works with most objects-groups, you just need to step through them and find the Elevation-line for each.

edit- :facepalm: I always forget about the CHANGE-command! Good one Dadgad!

Tiger, have you ever tried setting up your QUICK PROPERTIES palette?

Meaning going through all of the options available within the CUI,

you can select for all of the different entity types the information

that you would like shown on the QUICK PROPERTIES palette,

also how it behaves in the DRAFTING SETTINGs dialog.

It is so much easier than using PROPERTIES, because it only shows you the information you tell it to. :D

I love it.

customizing your QP palette.jpg

QP palette settings.JPG

Yep, I found those settings very recently and tweaked a lot of it - after I found out how to make the QP-panel stay where I put it and not show up wherever I was waving my mouse :)

This was also at the same time I realised that if I don't have the Properties, X-ref and Layer panes open at all times, my AutoCAD runs smoother...

I run mine STATIC, not cursor dependent, as that bugs me.

For those who don't want to see it whenever something is selected on screen, there is also the AUTO COLLAPSE option,

so it only displays if you mouse over it.

I would be lost without it, I use it for so many different things.

Nice because it has the entity filter drop down too. :)

thank's for Tiger ,ReMark ,Dadgad the problem was sloved by choosing z value=0 from QUICK PROPERTIES palette

That is the exact reason that I told you to do it in the order that I gave it to you.

First you flatten any errant geometry, then you fix the elevations of all the other stuff.

Glad it worked for you. :)