How to remove files listed on Application menu

Baiksu

Application Menu.jpg

See those two buttons? Toggle between them and notice what happens to the list of files. Not exactly what you may have been looking for but give it a try.

"The toggle buttons replace the Recent Documents and Open Documents options that were displayed at the bottom of Menu Browser in AutoCAD 2009." Source: AutoCAD Insider.

• 1 year later...

Open up registry editor and delete file paths you don't need from Autocad recent file list key.....

Just search for Recent File List under "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\" and delete FileXX keys you don't want to see in Autocad...Restart AutoCAD...

In my case the registry path was,

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\R19.0\ACAD-B005:409\Recent File List

p.jpg

JDM's approach is the safer option. Most computer users, who aren't geeks, wouldn't know how to open the Registry editor in the first place or exactly how one goes about editing the Registry using it. Nor would they know enough to create a backup copy of the Registry beforehand in case they do something stupid or their cat picks that very moment to walk across the keyboard.

I agree that diving into the Registry isn't a great solution, however I believe it is the only actual solution. Reducing the number of "recent files" displayed only truncates the list, it doesn't remove unneeded/unwanted files from the list, and it doesn't reset it either.

Well in that case make sure to put zero on the Application Menu Number of recent file box...See below

p.PNG

But then you will not see any files under application menu recent file list at all...:o

Hi I have Autocad lt 2011, on the Application menu listing recent files used, can I remove the ones that I dont use anymore or deleted? :unsure:

So registry hack is the only method I know that will do the trick...

Then perhaps a more detailed explanation by iDeeW would go a long way towards making the procedure a little clearer. Ready to write that tutorial iDeeW? It would be appreciated.

I wanna get rid of recent documents list of files that I dont use anymore it still is there.
Follow JD's instructions. Then you have to remember to click the Apply button, and close AutoCad then re-open it to see the changes.

Follow JD's instructions. Then you have to remember to click the Apply button, and close AutoCad then re-open it to see the changes.

That doesn't change the list (at least for me), it only shortens it. As soon as you increase the number again, all those recent files (whether wanted or not wanted) repopulate.

That doesn't change the list (at least for me), it only shortens it. As soon as you increase the number again, all those recent files (whether wanted or not wanted) repopulate.
Yeah, but reducing it and leaving it reduced, to let's say 3 or less, will probably remove those old annoying ones that the OP seems bothered by. I thought that was all they wanted.

• 1 year later...

Why you people go so far ...

Just a .reg works perfectly !

1. Open a new text document

2. Copy paste this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.0\ACAD-8001:409\Recent File List\]

(If you use an older version of AutoCAD just change the version from R20.0 to R18.0 for example for version 2012. If you use AutoCAD MAP maybe you have to change just the folder name AutoCAD to AutoCAD MAP to clear all the history of recent file. I have tried this with AutoCAD 2015 and it works perfectly!)

3. Change the extension form .txt to .reg

4. Just say OK

P.S If you wanna clear the adobe Reader or Acrobat history of recent file same philosophy! Or just like a lawyer will say Mutatis mutandis ...

1. Copy paste this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\11.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\11.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles]

Older version or new version of Acrobat or Reader ?! Change the version from 11.0 to 10.0 for Acrobat X or Reader X

Au Revoir from Albania!

Edited by Cad64
Removed suspicious attachment

Eno, I have removed your attachment due to the fact that there is no explanation of why you posted it or what is contained in that rar file. For all we know it could be a virus.

And also, you are a new member here, so you might want to tone down your responses to be a little less condescending towards others who are just trying to be helpful.