Array Properties?

chitownCADteacher

I'm trying to use the PATH array feature on 2013 to array stairs, and I can't get the array to be 100% accurate. It seems like CAD rounds the decimal to the nearest 3/4" which could be causing the problem. I set my run to 10.5" and rise to 7.25", array along the angle of the stringer, and there's always a small overlap on the stairs. The "distance between" should be 1'-209/256" and CAD rounds it to 1'-3/4" which is where I believe the error is. Is there any way to fix this or array this correctly? Otherwise...back to the COPY method I suppose.

You're dimensioning an architectural drawing to the nearest 256th of an inch? I think contractors charge extra for that tolerance. LoL

Anything more exact than 1/16th of an inch is overkill.

I'm not dimensioning that precise lol. I'm just looking at how the array isn't exactly what it should be even though the measurement is exact.

As I recall there have been discussions about AutoCAD's accuracy in the past as well. You might inquire over at the AutoDesk Discussion Groups > AutoCAD 2013 forum.