Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• geussb

• sorsini

• celestinaeyang

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

i am working on this plate and do not understand how you will get the driveway profile. I have set up my grid and dont know whereto go from here. I see the examples of the right way but i dont know why or how you got to that and i dont wanna just assume and draw it.

for plate 4 i am doing the section B and i cant figure out what is supposed to go on the labels. I see the other drawings posted on here but i dont get what i am doing, and how the scaling works... is there a better picture of that drawing so i can get an idea?

I'll have to take a look at the instructions to see what P-F is asking for. I vaguely recall they did not provide much in the way of detail/explanation which make it understandably confusing. Have you tried contacting an instructor for some clarification? You paid good money for the course so you might as well get your money's worth right?

You are familiar with what a "section" is right? A section cut through the driveway would be in the north/south direction I believe. It would have to show the extent of the new contours at the very least.

yes iknow what it is, but looking at the samples on here, im not understanding what they are showing. i did email the professor and havent heard anything back yet.

In response to your message, for plate 3, we are basically making a graph that shows the profile of the driveway from the centerline as it relates to changes in elevation. We begin by making a graph using the grid size squares described in the project book. Then, we take the elevation information from plate 2 showing the fill area and plot those points on our graph. For example, we would take the elevation, both existing and final at the beginning of the driveway centerline and plot it on the graph. We do the same for each 50 foot as we move down the driveway, 100 feet etc. (which are the station points described in the instructions). Then, we connect all the existing elevation points together, and the final elevation points together to form our profile. The process is the same for the plate 3 section A profile and the plate 4 section B house profile.

Basically, for the Section A and B profile drawings we are showing a cross section view at the given section line. The profile is essentially a graph with the distance on the horizontal axis, and the elevation at those distances plotted on the vertical axis. The graph will show two profiles, one of the existing ground elevations and one of the finished ground elevations.

For a plate 4 sample of a building profile, see figure 22-49 in the lesson book.

that is the information they have given me.

that didnt really help me much, i dont have the text as i cant find it. I dont understand what the points are supposed to be along the section. Only one contour on section A crosses it. untitled.jpg

Thank you for the additional information. Why they don't include it as part of the handout in the beginning is beyond me since I venture to guess that most students have no clue as to what is being asked of them.

I think their scales could be adjusted though. 1"=60' for a horizontal scale is not common. However, 1"=40' is.

untitled.jpgalso, here is the grid they sent me for the setup since thats pretty confusing too. They sent it to me after i submitted but i still received a 94, and i finished the class... Thanks for the help through this crappy class

Congrats on your high score.

Many have shared the same feeling re: P-F course.

Thanks for providing screen shots of the two grids.

You're entirely welcomed. Good luck in your future endeavors.