How to convert Polylines to Polygons?

gabbygarcia

This is my first semester using AutoCAD (architecture student here). On my file I have some polylines that are the streets. So, they look like rectangles and curves, etc. I am working also on a 3D Model, and what I have to do next is to extrude them. The problem is that those polylines are not polygons, and so, they are not solids when I extrude them. I tried to use the command BO but it says that the lines are not closed, and I checked with OSNAP and they are! Is there any way to convert those polylines into polygons?

PR 10.dwg

Welcome to the forum. :)

This video would probably be helpful.

About half way through it describes PRESSPULL, though you should watch the whole thing.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/extrude-and-press-pull/

You should try again, using the PRESSPULL command.

There are lots of good video tutorials here on the site, just select the TUTORIALS link.

Pedit>Join and set a fuzz factor of .01 or so.

It usually a good idea to down save drawings when posting, so those with older versions of AutoCAD can open them.

• 2 years later...

How to convert Lines or Poly lines to Rectangle or Polygons?

Hello..

I have hundreds of line or poly lines with different length and I want to convert it in rectangle or polygon with same length with same angle of original lines or poly lines.

It doesn't matter the original lines or poly lines are remaining or not. and plogone or rectangle width should be 50 meter or more.

for example i attached a file.

MY e-mail ID is : GANDHICG87@GMAIL.COM

Sample Drawing.dwg

Edited by chirag_gandhi

Click on a polyline, go to the properties pane (Ctrl+1), check closed.

Just because the end point and the start point of a polyline are the same doesn't mean that the polyline is closed, you need to set that in properties or select the closed option when creating the polyline.

Hello Friends,

Can anybody help me how to convert Lines or Polylines to Rectangles or Polygons in 2D drawing. Width of rectangles or polygons are around 50 to 60 meter.

It doesn’t matter lines or polylines after converting in rectangles or polygons are remaining or not.

You can also send solution on My E-mail Id:

gandhicg87@gmail.com

Sample Drawing.dwg