Duct not conforming to set units

nativedog

I am working in MEP 2013. I recently was having some issues with unit settings while creating some ductwork. I am not sure what I did but when I create a new duct the width is outputing in inches but the depth is outputting the the number to feet. So for example if I input 42 X 42 for the duct, the out put on the screen is a 42" X 504" duct. The 504 has taken my 42" input and converted to feet. 504 divided by 12 is 42. I'm going a little stir crazy. Please help. My drawing units are set to inches.

Try running -DWGUNITS, to help you figure out what is really going on with your UNITS.

Hit the F2 key to expand your commandline text window, so you can see more lines displayed.

Did you start the Imperial Profile instead of the Metric Profile? Also, AutoCAD MEP has a "Global Profile" where you can use both settings in a single drawing. I'd just start from the Metric Profile. Keep this as your default as well. :)