Acad 2013 doesnt load ERROR -> 0xc000007B

Repka

hi, i just downloaded and instaled Autocad 2013 from the autodesk education community it didnt give any error but wend i try to stat it up 1st time it gives a error -> 0xc000007B.

how can i fix it?

i have Cad 2012 installed and i have no problems with it.

Could it be a .NET framework problem?

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements for running AutoCAD 2013?

What is the full extent of the error message you are receiving?

What procedures did you take PRIOR to installing AutoCAD 2013 on your computer? Did you disable the UAC? Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program?

Did you try rebooting the system then attempt to open AutoCAD again?

Could it be a .NET framework problem?

.NET framework 4 installed and up to date + visual c++ 2k5, 2k8 and 2k10

Does your computer meet the minimum requirements for running AutoCAD 2013?

yes it does, i7 3g with 12gb ram and a 2gb video card

What is the full extent of the error message you are receiving?

jst shows a window saying acad.exe - aplication error

the aplication can not open correctly (0xc000007b), click OK to close the aplication.

What procedures did you take PRIOR to installing AutoCAD 2013 on your computer? Did you disable the UAC? Did you temporarily disable your anti-virus program? none, since the 2012 intalled and is working correctly

Did you try rebooting the system then attempt to open AutoCAD again? yes, i did reboot the system 1º

• 2 years later...

I found this on http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/error-0xc000007b-while-starting-autocad-2013/td-p/3625860/page/3

and working 100% :)

Re: Error 0xc000007b while starting AutoCad 2013

Options

12-12-2012 01:15 PM in reply to: charles1017

Hi Charles and anyone out there with have same case,

I have good solution for the problem with Error "0xc000007b" it works and the problem solved in my case, hopefully it works for you too.

Since this problem mostly in Windows 7, 64 bit system, and the Error message code is : 0xc000007b ; I have checked to Microsoft support system online, this error code mean incompatibility file that should be run in 64 bit system. Now the question is: which files ? and I am sure if Installation Autodesk 2013 products is automatic choose with our system 32 or 64 bit.

The fact : sometime if you install any applications in Windows, the Visual C++ 2005/2008/2010 Redistributable files will trying to install its new version, like Autodesk Products it will install no matter you have the newest or not in your machine. The bad news is all *.DLL files (in Visual C++ Redistributable file packages) have the same name for 32 or 64 bit system.

For AutoCAD 2013, when you click to start, it will run AutoCAD.exe from your local installation path. We need information any modules in windows system for running AutoCAD.exe. You can't find the answer if read only from Windows event/services viewer. Try to Clean Uninstall and Re-install Autodesk products until make you crazy will not solve the problem !! You need tools like "Dependency Walker" to find any modules working when AutoCAD.exe is running.

In my case, i found the problem is MSVCR100.DLL in C:\Windows\System32, working in 32 bit, not in 64 bit like other modules when running AutoCAD.exe. (Remember, I am using Windows 7 64 bit system). I try to find this file in x64 folders from DVD Source of Product Design Suites 2013 or any source of Autodesk 2013 products (better than download from MIcrosoft for Visual C++ Redistributable packages).

And then,here is my step to solving the problem :

1. Copy file MSVCR100.DLL from x64 folders find in any Autodesk Source DVD,

2. Paste this file to C:\WIndows\System32, you will be prompted if this file is exist, don't worry. Change it with the new one.

3. Restart the system, and then run AutoCAD 2013 or any Autodesk 2013 products which have problem msgs : 0xc000007b.

Voillllaaaa..!!! Problem solved ! All Autodesk products in Product Design Suites Premium 2013 working well. :smileyhappy: