DI(Distance) is only giving me X and Y distances and not the overall distance

Usually on any other computer i use when i type DI and want to measure the distance of a line which is on a 48 degree angle for example, it will give my the distance in the y direction, the distance in the X direction and also the total distance of the line itself, however, on my computer, it shows me Delta X and Delta Y but not the total distance.

For example i draw a line 5000mm on a 48 degree angle. If i want to measure it i expect it to tell me the line is 5000mm, however, it doesn't. It only shows me that the line is delta X= 3345mm, Delta Y=3715 but no mention of the line actually being 5000mm regardless of the axis.

I've read that typing OSNAPZ and then 1, fixes this but when i did that nothing happened.

There needs to be a way to fix this because its a default on my laptop and every other computer i work on just not my pc.

Please help.

You need to stretch your commandline history window up to display an additional line, I suggest leaving it that way, where you will find the DISTANCE measurement. :)

OSNAPZ does something very different, as described in the image ......... for instance, if you are tracing a 3D entity, it ensures that the lines which

you are creating are all on the same Z elevation (your current elevation), and that they do not have the actual varying Z values of the

original 3D entity.

If you are not aware of it, if you hit the F2 key on your keyboard, it will display your autocad text window, which is a good way to review

your recent command string, or other information, like commandline feedback, of this sort.

stretch the command history window.JPG

Osnapz options.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

How embarrassing, i didn't even think of that. Thankyou

You're very welcome.

No need to be embarrassed, how do you think I learned it?

Sorry you didn't ask sooner. :D

Edited by Dadgad

Is there an echo in here, or is it just me?

Don't get a complex about it - it happens.

Sometimes, advice needs to be repeated in slightly different wording before the OP picks up on it. :D