How can i create a custom scale of my drawing in paper space?

Ok i know this has been asked before, however, every thread or answer i've googled has been in inches and i have no idea how to use imperial units so i don't understand the answers. I'm using mm, and i want to create a custom scale which is not in the list of my standard scale in the viewport properties. If i want 1/200 for example and this is not in the list how do i set the custom scale?

Ok i know this has been asked before, however, every thread or answer i've googled has been in inches and i have no idea how to use imperial units so i don't understand the answers. I'm using mm, and i want to create a custom scale which is not in the list of my standard scale in the viewport properties. If i want 1/200 for example and this is not in the list how do i set the custom scale?

use SCALELISTEDIT

Click ADD :

Under Paper Units type 1

Under Drawing Units Type 200

It sounds like your DIMENSION style has ARCHITECTURAL set as the Unit Format.

You would probably be more comfortable with the DECIMAL Unit Format.

Try running the -DWGUNITS command, hit the F2 key to expand your command history text window,

and check to see what the units are in your drawing.

After you enter -DWGUNITS, you will get a response like this , being a number from 1 to 6.

1 means your drawing data base units are inches, 2 means feet, 3 means mms, etc.

As long as you expand the text window you will be able to see what you need to, in order

to be lead through the series of commandline prompts.

If you set your DWGUNITS to METER, then draw a line, of length 1, it will be one meter.

Typically ISO templates use mms as the base unit. In which case, if you are in DECIMAL unit format and draw a line of length 1, it will be one mm.

You can set the SCALE factor for a viewport in PROPERTIES, or QUICK PROPERTIES, just select the viewport first,

then you can change it in the box, as shown in the image. If the viewport is LOCKED, then you will need to UNLOCK it to change the SCALE.

After you set the view and scale how you want them, remember to LOCK the viewport again. If you don't, you will wish you had remembered to later. :)

setting meters as -dwgunits.jpg

set your viewport scale here.JPG

switching to architectural unit format.jpg

Might I also suggest that you verify that you start each new drawing with a metric units based template and not an imperial one? Speaking of which, do you know you can create your very own personalized template that can contain all your standard layers, linetypes, text styles, system variable settings, etc. that can be the basis of each new drawing?