Pipe fittings dynamic blocks help

sonnyamorales

So its been a while since I have posted on here, but now that I am back into the CAD stuff i figured i would come in and ask for some help refreshing my memory.

I am currently freelancing for my current boss and have a question regarding dynamic blocks. We deal in water and waste water drawings, so I deal with pipe fittings and such. Right now the other guy working with us (former coworker also) has blocks for each and every fitting.. So the block library is big..

I would like to reduce the size drastically and think dynamic blocks can help with that.

So basically, to start with, I attached a dwg of a 3" blank flange (which is the end of the pipe basically)..we have these blocks going all the way up to 24"..seeing how its just the size that changes, i would like to create a dynamic block that will do this for me by just selecting the size i need.

Problem: I forgot how to work with dynamic blocks!! lol Can someone point me in the right direction of learning more about dynamic blocks...

This is just a simple flange block that i want to start with, than once i get this down and learn about them i will update the rest (bends, reducers, tees, etc)

Also, I am using 2012 release..what release did dynamic blocks come out in?

any help is appreciated..

Thanks

FLG03.dwg

I first encountered dynamic blocks on release 2008 although we didn't install a couple of previous releases so I can't be certain when they were introduced.

Most of my initial DBs were made using the visibility function, and I still use it a lot. It is probably the quickest method to combine similar blocks into one or different projections of the same item.

Another possibility is to use a distance parameter constrained to a list of possible sizes and scale the relevant geometry to that parameter.

So its been a while since I have posted on here, but now that I am back into the CAD stuff i figured i would come in and ask for some help refreshing my memory.

I am currently freelancing for my current boss and have a question regarding dynamic blocks. We deal in water and waste water drawings, so I deal with pipe fittings and such. Right now the other guy working with us (former coworker also) has blocks for each and every fitting.. So the block library is big..

I would like to reduce the size drastically and think dynamic blocks can help with that.

So basically, to start with, I attached a dwg of a 3" blank flange (which is the end of the pipe basically)..we have these blocks going all the way up to 24"..seeing how its just the size that changes, i would like to create a dynamic block that will do this for me by just selecting the size i need.

Problem: I forgot how to work with dynamic blocks!! lol Can someone point me in the right direction of learning more about dynamic blocks...

This is just a simple flange block that i want to start with, than once i get this down and learn about them i will update the rest (bends, reducers, tees, etc)

Also, I am using 2012 release..what release did dynamic blocks come out in?

any help is appreciated..

Thanks

am not that familiar with flanges. Which part here is supposed to be 3"?

it would help if you can list down the sizes so we can make a dynamic block for you with your prefered sizes.

I thought i had replied to this but apparently it didnt go through..ALso why was this moved to drawing managmenet and output??

Anyways, here is a link with some more detail on what I am drawing..

http://www.american-usa.com/products/ductile-iron-pipe-and-fittings/fittings/flanged-fittings/standard-dimensions

The "T" part is the rectangle part in my drawing than the two lines are the outside diameter of the pipe size, so in this instance its a little more than 3"..as you can see there are many fittings that I use. This is just this simpliest one to start my dynamic block library with..

Thanks