Tabletworks 7.46 Driver

kadeking

Trying to install a GTCO Calcomp Drawingboard VI and I need the tablet menu regions to work. IT department previously installed the Tabletworks 10.09 driver without realizing that it will only work as a pointing device and not with the regional menus in AutoCAD (AutoCAD 2009).

After much research I've discovered that no matter what it seems they need to use the serial cable instead of the USB, then use a serial to USB converter to plug it in to the PC. Is that correct? They have Windows 7.

Additionally it seems there are two driver options, Tabletworks 7.46 (not sure if this will work with Windows 7?) and the Vtablet driver that has a cost of $75. Both of these seem to need the serial cable instead of the USB.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Best regards,

KaDe King

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• DPad

• labeldesigner

• kadeking

I think AutoCAD 2009 was the last version I used with my Calcomp IV digitizer and it required a serial connection. Unfortunately I have my doubts as to whether or not you will be able to get Tabletworks to operate under Windows 7. And to make matters worse for you AutoCAD 2009 is not supported under Windows 7 either. Do they have a forum over at the GTCO/Calcomp website?

I am assuming you have the installation CD for Tabletworks don't you?

There's a slim chance that if you run 2009 in XP mode you might get it to work but I cannot confirm that. When I finally made the jump to AutoCAD 2010 I gave up using my digitizer. There are times that I miss it though.

Thanks for your quick response!

I had also pinged GTCO for advice, and I think it aligns with what you're saying and what I've been reading. I'm going to have to use the Vtablet driver and get a serial cable. I'll share what they sent me so others can benefit (if there is even anyone out there doing this):

AutoCAD Setup

- TabletWorks 10.xx is not compatible with AutoCAD, beginning with AutoCAD 2009. If you are using AutoCAD 2009 or later, use the vTablet driver (www.vtablet.com). Make sure all versions of TabletWorks are uninstalled before installing V-Tablet. Please note, vTablet is a third-party product, and we do not provide support for issues with vTablet.

- vTablet does not support tablets connected to the PC through USB. You will need to purchase the RS232 serial I/O cable and the DC power supply for the tablet. If you do not have an available RS232 serial port on your PC, you will need install one or purchase a serial-to-USB adapter. We recommend the Keyspan USA-19HS serial-to-USB adapter. If you do not have these parts, you can order them from our sales team (http://gtcocalcomp.com/buy_digitizing.htm). Please note, we do not sell internal RS232 serial cards, only the adapter.

- If you are using a serial-to-USB adapter, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your operating system (64-bit if necessary). If you recently switched computers, this is a step you must take. Most drivers can be found on the web site of the manufacturer. Please note, the GTCOCalComp serial-to-USB adapter has been discontinued and is not supported for Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Thanks,

KaDe

• 8 months later...

I'm having a similar issue to some users of AutoCAD needing the old version of Tabletworks 7.46. I have a CalComp Drawingboard III with a 16 button mouse. After a computer crash and having to reinstall my OS--Windows XP Pro--my jaquard design software no longer recognized the tablet with Tabletworks 10.9. I can't find a backed up copy of TW 7.4x anywhere. And the company that makes my design software has been out of business for a few years. I've tried using the Virtual Tablet software but it isn't working correctly. After researching on the internet, and calling CalComp, I think my best bet is to see if I can get the old Tabletworks reinstalled, if anyone can help me find and download it?

I have a version from 2003 saved to one of my flash drives dated 2003 but I don't recall what the version number was. The file name is TWSER2kXp.exe. Sound familiar?

I also have an original Tabletworks CD with version 5.2 on it. I'm pretty sure it supported the Calcomp Drawing Board III digitizer.

I can't find that file anywhere on anything I have. We've had these tablets so long, and through moves to three different buildings, that I no longer have any CDs with software. Would it be possible for you to send me the file?

Thanks in advance!

You'll have to provide an email address in the following form:

m y e m a i l a d d r e s s AT s b c g l o b a l DOT c o m

Follow my drift?

I can't promise that an exe file type will get through your ISP. I can try renaming it to txt and you can rename it at your end.

l d a w s o n AT p i t t s f i e l d i d DOT c o m

How's that?!

I should be ok renaming the file on my end, I know just enough about computers to get me in trouble!

This is such a huge help--thanks so much!

Don't thank me yet...you don't have the file.

Give me a moment.

I'll be back.

Just sent you an email at 1:12 pm EDST.

Thanks to ReMark--and thanks for the offer jcoggin--my issue is resolved! I'm a very happy DrawingBoard III user again! Reinstalling Tabletworks 5.2 did the trick.

• 2 years later...

Hi :)

Is there somehow still avaliable that driver for DrawingBoard ? I started work on my project and I cant install my DrawingBoard II with avaliable drivers on CalComp (TabletWorks ver 10). It seems it works only with version 7.46 and below?

I will be very thankfull and happy for that driver..;)

Which driver are you referring to?

Anything I have that pertains to Tabletworks is at my workplace which I won't be back to until Wednesday morning.

Thanks for answer. Well, I need any driver which works with AutoCAD? The CalComp support answered me that new driver wintab 1.0 which come with TabletWork ver 10 doesnt support AutoCAD (need wintab 1.1).

And one more question, Im beginner with DBoard ,and trying to debug problem with its installation (still not sure is it hw problem or sw problem- bad driver).

My led on board always blinking, what that means? good or bad sign, didnt find manuals.. :unsure:

It seems I have Tabletworks version 5.2 if that means anything to you. I used it with a Calcomp DB III.

It should be fine! Can you send me that file:o?