Graphic card update for Inventor 2013 and AutoCAD 2013

Alexger

Inventor 2013 and AutoCAD 2013 installed on my computer. I recently added 2nd monitor. I have resolution 1920x1080 on first monitor (22") and I can not get recommended resolution 1920x1080 on second monitor (22"). My system: processor - Intel® Xeon® CPU W3520 2.67 GHz. RAM -16 GB, 64-bit. Tech support recommended to replace video card. Current video card is NVIDIA Quadro 2000.

Please, advice, what graphic card should I buy (better with HDMI port) for normal monitors function. Never had this problems before while using 2 displays in other company, but it was set for me buy tech guys.

Thanks you kindly.

Quadro 2000 should be able to handle 2 monitors at 1080p - I've got a 600 in my workstation, and it does dual monitors just fine at 1080p. Are you sure that the second monitor is actually capable of that resolution?

I have had setups with much lower specs work fine with 2 monitors. I would unload the current graphics driver and then load the newest one and try that.

I have had setups with much lower specs work fine with 2 monitors. I would unload the current graphics driver and then load the newest one and try that.

Thanks for your advice. We already done this. It is what my tech support guy are saying :"You do not have a dual-monitor video card (Hardware wise). You will need a dual-monitor H/W configuration, not the USB configuration."

I have one VGA port for original DELL 22" 1920X1080 monitor and 3 USB ports.

I bought VGA/USB adapter for 60$ and plugged in second monitor ( brand new ViewSonic 22" 1920x1080). I can not get required resolution for secon monitor and system keep crushing. Never happen before. That is why i am looking for advice for a new dual monitor video card.

Thanks again

Alex

Quadro 2000 has Dual Monitor support.

Display Support:
Dual Link DVI-I  1
DisplayPort 2
# of Digital Outputs 3 ( 2 out of 3 active at a time )
# of Analog Outputs 1
Maximum Display Resolution Digital @ 60Hz2560x16003D

Vision/3D Vision Pro

Why are you using USB adapters?

If they're telling you that your video card can't support multiple monitors, then you've got to consider one of two situations:

1. They're idiots; or,

2. You don't have a Quadro 2000.

A Quadro 2000 should have a DVI connector (which is itself capable of dual monitors with the right adapter), plus 2 DisplayPort connectors, and I think it'll have a standard D-sub 15 for VGA on top of all that.

Thanks a lot. I have original monitor only with VGA connector and new monitor with VGA and 2 HDMI, and I have Quadro 2000, But I have only 1 VGA connector for current monitor and 3 USB's. I have heard opinion this Quadro made specifically for HP ( my computer Z400) and it is the reason why I do not have these connectors? At least I do not see anything on back panel.

I'd be willing to make a small wager that the "USB" ports on your video card look like this:

200px-DisplayPort_Connector.svg.png

That's a DisplayPort connector.

(Of course, this is assuming that the connectors are on the card, not the motherboard.)

Nvidia's web site for the Quadro 2000 shows 2 HD ports and one DVI port, any 2 of the 3 will work. Are you sure you have the 2000?

My Quadro FX 580 at work supports 3.