Excel to Autocad

RMateus

Dear friends. I needed a lisp to read a excel file with 3 columns: a name, a North coordinate and a East coordinate, and put into autocad the texts in the respective coordinates but with the insertion point in the mid of the text. Thanks.

Simplest way is to export a CSV from excel there are heaps of example lisp's to bring a csv into Autocad. I am pretty sure if you search here you will find exactly what you want or something very close easy to change.

I think the easiest way would be to create an attributed block using fields and have a script file generated in Excel. There is a very good explanation of this here: http://www.lazydrafter.com/autocad-tips/writing-autocad-scripts-with-excel

If you will be doing this a lot, I have an excel macro that will automate all of the excel tasks and send the command to either AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT. Lee Mac also has something for this I think.

• 5 years later...

dose there is a lisp to import data from excel to create lines in autocad

i have excel data which contain three column {(x,y,z)of the base point , (distance) , (Angle of line)}

If you look at the line command all can be done in excel you would make a column as suggested next note though there is a space after the angle to start a new line. In example just copy the G column for all your lines in one go.

line pt @dist

line 0,0 @20

line 10,10 @45

line 20,20 @56Screen Shot 04-11-18 at 12.25 PM.PNG