Can i use this for purely steel structures detailing

neelima

I would think you could use Revit Structure for steel detailing based upon what I read here...http://usa.autodesk.com/revit/structural-design-software/

Note that there are references to improved detailing of structural rebar, support for structural fabric, and the ability to "define and manage the creation of shop drawings".

One way to confirm this would be to call your local authorized AutoDesk reseller. Tell him what you do, what your needs are and ask if Revit Structure 2013 (standalone) is the right product or if you should be looking at the Revit Structure suite.

I am working steel structures detailing projects. present i am working on autocad. So can i use this REVIT STRUCTURE FOR this type of projects.
The big answer is, "absolutely, yes". However, Revit is a different animal and is nothing like AutoCAD. This needs to be firmly grasped. http://www.revitforum.org is a fantastic Revit-only forum and there are a good number of extremely talented Revit Structure guys over there. Some of the stuff I've seen them do is absolutely stunning.

Looks like an even better fit if that is all the OP does. Ahhhh.....if only I had as much money as Mitt Romney I could buy all this neat software. Maybe it will happen once he's elected. I heard him promise we all would be rich just not as rich as he is!

Looks like an even better fit if that is all the OP does. Ahhhh.....if only I had as much money as Mitt Romney I could buy all this neat software. Maybe it will happen once he's elected. I heard him promise we all would be rich just not as rich as he is!

This is the STRUCTURE DETAILING element which is incorporated into the REVIT STRUCTURE SUITE. But it is Autocad based.

autocad structural detailing.JPG