adding text to autocad drawings

zungurat1

Just type MT (MTEXT) but if you dont want multi line just type TEXT & make sure you check your current text style: for both options..

• 3 weeks later...

Type "DT" on commend line and then specify the point where you want to put texts. Then enter the text height(size of font) and angle (keep it 0 if don't need any angel). You will get a field for texts. Alternate command "T", "MT", "DTEXT".

Welcome to the forum. :)

My vote is for the use of MTEXT, I greatly prefer using MTEXT over TEXT.

I suggest that you go to the TUTORIALS link at the top of the page and start doing your homework.

You would also find a great deal of entry level information by following this link

http://we-r-here.com/cad/blog/2011/06/what-is-cad/ .

I used this site four years ago to teach myself autocad.

It is well laid out and progresses logically for those with

no prior experience, in very clear short lessons.

In AutoCAD 2007 I would suggest the use of MTEXT all the way. There really is no good reason to use DTEXT.

Couldn't have said it any better myself! :beer:

Hey, isn't it past your bedtime?

Take it easy on those poor lithim ions.

The millwork shop I just finished a contract with made single line text forbidden. MTEXT only.

There's nothing more irritating than to have to edit a note made up of 7 or 8 lines of separate text objects.

The millwork shop I just finished a contract with made single line text forbidden. MTEXT only.

There's nothing more irritating than to have to edit a note made up of 7 or 8 lines of separate text objects.

I'll drink to that. :beer:

Historically the firm for whom I work has used TEXT for drawing notes, welding, steel grade, holes, paint and such.

Drives me crazy!

There actually is something worse, that would be the drawing which gave birth to the YOU KNOW YOU"RE DOING IT WRONG thread,

when you have in excess of 60 notes to try and make sense of. :D

I'll drink to that. :beer:

Historically the firm for whom I work has used TEXT for drawing notes, welding, steel grade, holes, paint and such.

Drives me crazy!

There actually is something worse, that would be the drawing which gave birth to the YOU KNOW YOU"RE DOING IT WRONG thread,

when you have in excess of 60 notes to try and make sense of. :D

Yeah? There is something even worse yet. Having to xerox typed (real typwriter) text onto stickyback (transparent) film and pastin' that all over the mylar General Notes page, and then having to peel a couple of them off because the toner scraped right off when de-bubbling the stickyback with the edge of a drafting triangle and then re-stickin' a couple of new ones in the blank and still sticky spaces.

I shoulda saved that one for the "You know you're an old draftsman when....." thread.

Yeah? There is something even worse yet. Having to xerox typed (real typwriter) text onto stickyback (transparent) film and pastin' that all over the mylar General Notes page, and then having to peel a couple of them off because the toner scraped right off when de-bubbling the stickyback with the edge of a drafting triangle and then re-stickin' a couple of new ones in the blank and still sticky spaces.

I shoulda saved that one for the "You know you're an old draftsman when....." thread.

I never had to do that :shock: of course I am a newbie.

In drafting in junior high school in 63 I did stenciled text though, not so bad.

I guess, as with most things in life, when properly framed, and in the

right perspective TEXT could be considered an absolute blessing! :D

MTEXT all the way, I find it's more versatile and easier to work with. I've been updating old drawings recently and all the text is with standard TEXT, it's annoying. Thank god I recently discovered TXT2MTXT! :)