Certain objects will not hide. Very confused

TR8519

I have drawn solid objects that are only 1/16" in thickness. When I do a hide or plot the drawing you can still see the objects behind. My view port is set to hidden. When I have objects with a large thickness ie. 1" thick, objects behind are hidden.

I'm pretty sure I posted this in the wrong section initially so sorry for that. I've also tried to use the search function to see if my problem has been answered but it says I don't have permission to view the threads when I click on them. Not sure what's happening there. Anyway, on to my question

I have drawn solid objects that are only 1/16" in thickness. When I do a hide or plot the drawing you can still see the objects behind. My view port is set to hidden. When I have objects with a large thickness ie. 1" thick, objects behind are hidden.

I'm not really sure why the object isn't hiding. It's pretty frustrating.

First, please make sure that the trouble-maker entity is in act a solid or you didn't accidentally exploded it - select it and call the LIST command. Second, should validate the current viewpoint; it may be that you are looking to that solid from the wrong angle.

It may help if you will attach the drawing here for further investigation - just strip-out the non-relevant content.

I would have to agree with MSasu - issue the list command to see what you are actually dealing with. Be aware that a "solid" object is not the same as a "solid body" object and is typically not useful for 3D work (an arrowhead is a solid). You want to be using a solid body.