Trim and Intersect inaccurate

Gavin Studd

Hi im new to autoCAD (currently using 2011)

Im having trouble with my trim command. When i trim one line to another, the line ive trimmed is approx. 2mm long. This is the same when i draw a line using the intersect command. Instead of the line staring from the actual intersect point it starts approx. 2mm to one side. I have tried this using snaps on, off and everything in between but nothing seems to make a differance.

Any help with this will be greatly apprecaited

Not sure but it sounds like you are saying that what you see on the screen after executing a trim or line command is not what you would expect. This could be a minor graphics issue rather than an AutoCAD one. Did you do a regen? What is your display resolution set to?

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have done a regen and it works about 50% of the time so im guessing it is more of a graphics problem rather than an AutoCAD. my resolution is 1680x1050.

Thanks againg for your swift reply

I have done a regen and it works about 50% of the time

If after increasing viewres

and doing a regen

you still experience this problem the other 50% of the time (or even 1% of the time) attach the file here that exhibits this behavior.

The setting for EDGEMODE might explain a problem with trimming but it would not explain a problem of starting a line at an intersection and having the pick be off.

Do these two problems occur in every drawing or just in one particular drawing?

Are you working in 2D or 3D?