2D circle jagged lines, 3D model " hidden" jagged lines. How do i get smooth lines?

richarda2012

Hi,

Re: 2D circle jagged lines, 3D model hidden jagged lines. How do i get smooth lines?

How do i get rid of jagged lines?

Circles and diagonal lines look rubbish when i am in hidden view which i use for simple 3d black / white (i think this is the best way?).

I have tried:

- viewres (1000, 5000, 10000, 20000 sightly better)

- regen

does anyone have any suggestions i can try?

See examples.

circle with fuzzy outline.fw.png

square with jagged lines.fw.png

Thank you,

I have just tried FACETRES (10), it is slightly better, but still not crisp enough. Is it possible to get really crisp sharp lines in autocad that run diagonal? (in 3D view).

I am in hidden view and would also like to get rid of the darker lines so they are all the same line weight.

fuzzy lines.fw.png

Monitor resolution?

You can solprof, flatshot or viewbase and change the line weight to whatever you like.

Is this for print or for screen capture?

Thank you for your replies,

I have tried your suggestions and my results are looking ok. I am able to capture from screen and paste into fireworks.

Diagonal lines not as perfect as I wanted though.

Let me know if you are able to produce a 3d cube with perfect looking diagonal lines. Post me an image.

Many thanks.

richard.

Thank you for your replies,

I am able to capture from screen and paste into fireworks...

I would output to an image file and use that rather than screen capture if best possible resolution is desired.

Here is what I got...

Drawing1 Model (1).jpg

Set facetres to 3

and set displish to 1

I printed to a PDF and in the Print dialog box I set my Shade Plot to legacy hidden. I opened the PDF and then saved it as a jpg. I also changed to perspective from parallel but that does not affect this smoothness of the plot.