I only got metric template in my revit 2013

Hao

I would like to use imperial unit. So in Manage - Projects Units, I have changed the units to Imperial. However, in the families, the Walls, Windows, Doors, are still come with Metric dimensions.

1. Is that possible I start my project with everything in Imperial?

2. I did not find a imperial template. Does this mean I do not have one or the imperial templates are hidden somewhere?

3. If I create a new project without template, I can have the options to set either metric or imperial but i would like to use the template.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply, StykFacE. Do you mean I need to install, remove and reinstall the program multiple times? Should not both imperial/metric templates be both inside the package?

Yes, I believe they are both installed by default, at least as far as the families go. There is a separate directory for the imperial families. I cannot speak as to the templates because I have cone anything with them.

Hi, Robdraw, I can find :C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\English\Metric Window with Trim.rft

but I do see any imperial stuff. Are you able to tell me a path where the Imperial template family residing? thankS !!

That is odd. I followed "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2013\Family Templates\English_I" but it did not get me there. I believe I do not have Imperial at all. I am in Canada, and I installed in CA. maybe that is why. But thanks for help.

All one would have to do is type UN to reset the units to imperical inches, then Save. From what I know, Revit at the core is always working in Metric underneath the surface. Imperical Inches is merely a conversion for us weirdos not on the metric system.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you got it worked out.

*EDIT*

For future reference, I'd contact I.T. or any support to see what the issue was in the lack of installed content. Even though this fixed your problem, you really should start with standard imperical templates if you can.