X-Ref that won't bind

pedro gonçalves

Hi everyone,

I have this drawing, wich has a xref that simply won't bind... I've done some research and there's nothing like the message that appeared to me on the command line...

It says:

Error: At least one of the specified xrefs failed to bind for an unknown reason.

Though it says one of the specified xrefs, i only wan't to BIND just one.

What happened and what can i do?

I've runned PURGE and AUDIT and checked for xrefs within that xref (there was none), and nothing worked...

Regards from Portugal :)

Pedro Gonçalves

Hi again everyone,

Sorry for the double post, but i solved it already.

I opened that xref and runned AUDIT, PURGE and OVERKILL so i could correct as many errors as i could. In the end i runned AUDIT and PURGE on the main drawing in wich that xref was attached once more and this time it worked once i've tried to BIND the xref.

Thank you all anyway :)

Best Regards,

Pedro Gonçalves

There is a lot to be said for file maintence, especially AUDIT. Errors have way of sneaking into drawings.

Surelly yes. This is an example to your statement. I just had to AUDIT the drawing and it worked after it.

Always use audit command its go0d for drawing health...but recover is the last hope for safe drawing...

Yes, but if you are careful with your drawing, nothing happens that cannot be solved with two or three drawing utilities.

Thank you all for the advice :)

Best regards,

Pedro Gonçalves